Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay see the pic below and give me your suggestion........since it says okay and many others say that it is okay.........now tell me what do U say........because I am worried.........I just recently bought this PC.....I don't want to get it damaged.......!......the dealer says that 60 celcius is estimated to be the right temperature for the Athlon 1.2ghz processor.......!....well.......!

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
Wow 60 degrees, I think you should look for another heatsink+fan for your cpu, although most processors are guaranted to work at 0 to 70C (actually tested at -10C to 88C), 60 degrees is still too much, and will prolly shorted your rigs lifespan.

Also make sure than there is enuff air circulation inside your casing, adding a couple of exhaust fans might help.:D

Also you might wanna check this article out at anandtech:
http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1532

·
Registered
680 Posts
Originally posted by Xeven
Wow 60 degrees, I think you should look for another heatsink+fan for your cpu, although most processors are guaranted to work at 0 to 70C (actually tested at -10C to 88C), 60 degrees is still too much, and will prolly shorted your rigs lifespan.

Also make sure than there is enuff air circulation inside your casing, adding a couple of exhaust fans might help.:D

Also you might wanna check this article out at anandtech:
http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1532
DAMN! Xeven, you 4 minutes ahead...

I was looking for the article while you post it at the same time...

Well, anyway - 60 degress is not a normal number for a TBird.

·
5,568 Posts
Well you're the one who told me to go to anandtech...:D :D :D

Yeah definitely too much, my sis also has an Athlon 1.2 (Epox Board) and she's running at max 35C, I can't remember if she changed the heatsink+fan tho...:)

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so guys.........U suggest that I should change the fan.......but the temperature is fine..........well I will tomorrow is my college and I will goto the shop after that......and check some good fan ........!.....hmm......any more suggestions........please tell me.........!

Ali

·
5,568 Posts
maybe you could also check if the heatsink+fan is fitted properly, maybe they 4got to put some thermal compound or there's too much of it (not enuff heat dissipation from the cpu to the heatsink).:D

S

·
0 Posts
Ali, 60 c is too high. I have a 1.2ghz Athlon T-Bird just like yours and mine is alway at 50 to 51c. I know Xeven said that his sister's CPU stayed at about 35c, which is great, but my monitoring hardware that came w/the motherboard says that a good average temperature is 50c to 51c. Anything below is great, but if you start creeping up there:eek:, uh oh. Better check out that new fan as soon as possible.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
5,568 Posts
I asked my sister if she changed he HS+Fan, and it seems she actually did. She changed the stock hs+fan to a Thermaltake (Dragon Orb 3) , which is also quite cheap at around $25 here.
She also says that if you take the cover off the case, it sounds a bit like a jet engine:D

It also helps that she keeps her room colder than Siberia with the air-conditioning maxed-out:D :D :D

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay listen to this......I live in Pakistan....okay........the average temperature over here is now a days about 30 celcius.......so when I start my computer the CPU temperature is about......56......and then it comes to constant temp of 60........so I am having it because of where I live.......!

Well I guess there will be even more high temperature when US army will bomb the ass of Afghanistan.........I mean Taliban.......!eheh.........!

Ali

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Yeah, 60*C is purty warm :) What you need to do is scrape off that weak thermal pad that comes on the heatsink and put some artic silver 2 on it. No need for an expensive heat sink, if you don't have the proper thermal grease, even the coolest looking one will be worth nothing. Check out Cold CPU, because that's where I got mine :)

·
Registered
680 Posts
I just Cut 4 Holes on my PC Casing, and put 2 Fans (2 more on the way) - and now, the temp stays at 37 Celcius (before is 43 Celcius)

Y EEEE AA HH !!!!

i'm using a Thermaltake Mini Super Orb. with standard thermal grease offcourse ;)

to ALi :
Nickk's advice about using Artic Silver 2 is another good alternative. Try it!

S

·
0 Posts
Ali, you say you live in Pakistan? Please be careful, okay? The US is on it's way to Afghanistan even as I write this. But no bombs or missiles yet, just a strike force. But our naval fleet is coming also, so you know what that could mean. Watch yourself and your loved ones, even though this is not aimed at Pakistan or even Afghanistan, it is aimed soley at Bin Laden.
BTW the US has the Talibans permission to do this.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thanks sxamiga.......we are pretty afraid man.........we no longer go to malls.....and markets.........pretty panicy situation over here.....!

Ali

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
i just bought a new computer after asking so many questions :)

Anyway, i just checked the cpu temp after i read this thread, once i turned on the cpu temp detector, it scared me like hell!! 63 c and the program said the temp was still going up !!!!!!

I am not using the original fan but paid more ( around 15 usd ) to get a new fan ( Globalwin whcih claims it is certified by amd and can support up to 1.4 gig Athlon ) and added another casing fan when i bought the computer.....but it is still overheat....

So, to make it cooler, i took out the casing cover, and now the temp is always around 55 - 59 c . ( i only use the comp for 3 hours to check the temp ) . And, when the techie help me to install the fan to the cpu,he did put something on my cpu ( white in color ) which he claims the white color stuff can make the cpu cooler.

But, this really suck since the fan's sound is abit like a JET!!! Damn noisy.....

Note : everytime i turn on the computer and check the temp, it shows me 40 c .So my temp is started at 40 c.

p/s i live in Malaysia and the temp here is always over 30 c

cpu : Athlon 1.4
Motherboard : Msi 6380 k7t266 pro ddr
ram : 128 ddr
video card : Elsa Geforce2 Gts pro 32m
fan speed : 6800 rpm ( globalwin )

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
I also have a global win cpu fan with a copper base.. 7000 rpms.. Keeps my tbird [email protected] mhz at 38 to 45c.. It never goes above 50c even when playing epsxe for hours.. Or any thing else.. Of course I did buy some artic silver and put it on myself.. You have to make sure you put just enough and not too much.. That white stuff that he put on your cpu is probably just regular thermal paste.. Artic silver works better.. You could also make sure you have enough ventilation on your computer case.. Its hot over here too in California.. But its cooler now since summer is over.. I think 60c and over is a bit too hot to keep your comp running.. Your cpu life will be shortened..

YESSSSSSSS!!! 1000 posts!!!! hehe.. Took me a bit to get here..

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
hehehe don't worry...before you know it, you'd also find yourself at a thousand posts.

i know someone here who just posts (mostly) incoherent stuff just to get to 700. ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts