Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, now i bought bleemcast and thought ut was good graphics increase, but some of those shots are amaing, theyre gorgeous!!! but i only have a p2 450 with a tnt2 32mb card, could i get n e thing decent out of that? also what sort of speed do u get the game at and how bout sound?

·
Registered
31 Posts
well, you won't get quality as good as voodoo5, but i would imagine that you could get pretty close if you use Pete's open GL GPU. I play it at perfect speed (50-60fps) w/ my hardware using Lewpy's GPU. As for sound, it isn't that bad for me, just a little choppy at times:)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well first things first i need a sound plugin that will work, i ave a sonic vortex 2 sound card which gives amazin quality, but i need a plugin that it works with

S

·
0 Posts
First off, you just have to take your chances w/the sound plugins available. You have your choice of Null2's, Pete's midas, or the internal SPU. If none of those work well w/your sound card, the you are pretty much out of luck, unless you can find another SPU plugin out there. Also, remember that sound isn't perfect yet, but it is getting there. The biggest problem is speech, that has a way to go.
I would reccomend the PC emulator because besides GT is plays many other games flawlessly as well and the games can wind up look as good, if not better than, bleemcast. There is a screenshot of FF 9 running on a DC and while it looks very very good, I get as good or better results on my PC using ePSXe. Of course I'm using a GEForce 2 GTs card and the very latest Detonator drivers. But I sill would reccommend the PSX emu for the reasons I mentioned above. Ultimately, the choice is yours. Try them both, see how they compare, and then make your decision. Best of luck.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
47 Posts
the psx emulator is free :D while bleemcast costs $6 USA. your computer would have to be optimized for it to run like bleemcast, but i think that the graphics are also better on PC.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
My opinion is that you won't notice that much of a graphics difference between epsxe and bleemcast(this is based on shots I've seen), but maybe a little better with epsxe(if your PC is fast enough, should be with 450mhz). As for the sound, GT2 sounds best with epsxe core SPU for me and Null's SPU is a close second. I get problems with Pete's SPU.

So if you want good graphics go with epsxe. If you want perfect sound and possibly faster game play go with the $6 bleemcast.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok its aint doin much for gt2 but its gr8 wit resident evil nemesis!!! the sounds workin perect believe it or not, even the speech, all the fmvs and evrythung, all i need to do now is download that latest gpu as this card aint workin gr8 wit these other ones

( im pretty sure that the quality has to do wit ur soundcard right?? ive got a sonic vortex 2 and like i said sound is perfect but graphics arent gr8 at the mo)

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Based on your configuration, you'd *probably* get better performance on bleemcast. Since I don't have GT 2 on hand, that's just highly speculation on my part. Basically it would be comparing $6 to the couple hundred you'd need to get perfect performance. For playable? You're on the money. If nothing else, good old frame skip never failed.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
GT2 should run just fine on that config. I have only a 333celeron (pity me please) with a TNT2 32meg card, and GT2 runs good. And looks good.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
My advice would be to "suck it and see". Rent/borrow a copy of GT2 if you don't own it already and try it in epsxe. If it runs ok you've saved 6 bucks plus VMU. If it doesn't well then go with the bleemcast.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had GT2 running perfectly on my machine at 60fps at 800x600 w/ 2xfsaa for a while now, but decided to get bleemcast! as well. I was very impressed with the program and think it's well worth the measely $6. While the polygons are not quite as crisp as on a high-end computer, there seems to be much less texture wiggle/jitter and far less texture cracking. Furthermore, the framerate appears to be slightly faster than my computer while running it at a more steady rate. I say buy it! Support the emulation community (and I know bleem! has jerked customers around a bit in the past year or so, but you've got to admit, they really have been moving things forward in the industry) and enjoy the game :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts