Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/12/10/news_6114831.html

How many times can they possibly remake the same game?
Is it the decade of "milking gone wild"?

Shining Force(Genesis version) has been recreated at least 2-3 times already on several different systems. The latest being the GBA.

What's wrong with Sega? Can anyone in this world create new ideas? Everyone seems to be finding old ideas and remodelling them here and there so it looks new.
 

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
Joined
·
9,358 Posts
K.I.L.E.R said:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/12/10/news_6114831.html

How many times can they possibly remake the same game?
Is it the decade of "milking gone wild"?

Shining Force(Genesis version) has been recreated at least 2-3 times already on several different systems. The latest being the GBA.

What's wrong with Sega? Can anyone in this world create new ideas? Everyone seems to be finding old ideas and remodelling them here and there so it looks new.
I don't see anything wrong. If anything, this might be "THE" proper remake for that game ( the past 2 weren't impressive). And given it's 3D environment, with completely redrawn characters/backgrounds and possibly remastered music, this remake will turn SF to a completely new game.I think this game will be worth it ( as long as the gameplay & story remains intact).

Give it a chance, it looks promising IMO.

Yours,
-Elly
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
26,303 Posts
Uh.... IIRC this isn't a remake, but another title in the SF series:
Sega has revealed that the Amusement Vision-developed Shining Force title for PlayStation 2 will be called Shining Force Neo. Unlike its strategy-oriented prequels, the newest addition to the popular series will be an action RPG. An active party will usually consist of up to three characters, however during certain boss battles more playable characters can take part as well. Similiar to Final Fantasy X and Xenosaga Episode II: Jenseits von Gut und Boese, it will be possible to switch characters on the fly in Shining Force Neo. So far a total of ten characters have been confirmed to join your party.
 

·
Souless Angel
Joined
·
900 Posts
Technically, it's a remake in a series that is just now existing.

"Shining Force: Resurection of the Dark Dragon" completely rewrote SF history. This one seems to break it some more. Camalot never should have left thier series in the hands of sega.

Now we have a SF game without strategic gameplay. ...We already have one action SF game coming. Shining Tears, we don't need another. We need a new grid block SF.
 

·
...and now they do.
Joined
·
20,002 Posts
well, there's such a shortage of action rpgs on the ps2, why not make another one? :rolleyes"
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
26,303 Posts
Well, we can leave the SRPGs in the capable hands of Nipponichi (Disgaea, Phantom Brave, La Pucelle Tactics)
 

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
Joined
·
15,407 Posts
And don't forget Nintendo... I have great hopes for them translating the upcoming Fire Emblem games. Seima No Kouseki is scheduled to be released next year... with a bit of luck FE GC will be translated as well...
 

·
...and now they do.
Joined
·
20,002 Posts
Kane-Sama said:
Well, we can leave the SRPGs in the capable hands of Nipponichi (Disgaea, Phantom Brave, La Pucelle Tactics)
yeah, but we can't just let one company do it. besides, i hear those games are so similar the battle system gets too redundant, in that it'd feel like the same game when playing all 3.
 

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
Joined
·
15,407 Posts
Bah, you people should listen to my advice... one of the few Nintendo's non-screw ups is Fire Emblem... give it a try if you can for some more-than-decent SRPG gaming.
 

·
Souless Angel
Joined
·
900 Posts
Kaiser, I agree with you, but SF was held dear to me. It be like the Sakura Taisen games being made into a Stealth Game. (which could be interesting if done right.). I have Sakura and FE, but SF was a beloved series for me.

I think the annoucement from Camelot that a "golden sun" next gen game will be released in the next year or two is nice. It had alot the shining feel. I am also highly looking foward to FE for Gamecube.

I wonder would anyone be interested in a full rundown of the FE games with screenshots. I could make one if it be interested.
 

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
Joined
·
15,407 Posts
Zer0Soul said:
Kaiser, I agree with you, but SF was held dear to me. It be like the Sakura Taisen games being made into a Stealth Game.
Have you played Ep 0? It's surprisingly good for an action game...

Zer0Soul said:
I wonder would anyone be interested in a full rundown of the FE games with screenshots. I could make one if it be interested.
I would gladly help you... if you ask me, a lot of people should learn about those great series that you won't see outside of Japan.
 

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
Joined
·
1,951 Posts
I have taken a look in Fire Emblem and it seems very interesting. However, there is no proper fantranslation files of earlier FE's (both nes and snes ones), only some in-progress translations with unknown futures... And i dont understand japanese... :(
 

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
Joined
·
15,407 Posts
MaZa said:
I have taken a look in Fire Emblem and it seems very interesting. However, there is no proper fantranslation files of earlier FE's (both nes and snes ones), only some in-progress translations with unknown futures... And i dont understand japanese... :(
Fire Emblem III's translation project is still active. Fire Emblem VI is (as far as I know) discontinued, with an 80% of the script translated but unfortunately the ending is missing on that 80%. Fire Emblem V is supposed to have a translation going on but I haven't seen any progress that makes me think the patch will ever see a release.

Now, for the good news Fire Emblem VI (first FE released on the GBA... the one that didn't make it outside of Japan) is currently being translated by the same person who did one of the FEIV translation projects... last update was on Dec 5 and the translation covers up to chapter 10. Moreover, they are even translating the support dialogues.

Seima No Kouseki (FEVIII) will be released in English next year by Nintendo. (ironically it will be released as FEII... seems like Final Fantasy story with the numbers will begin anew).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
26,303 Posts
Exodus said:
yeah, but we can't just let one company do it. besides, i hear those games are so similar the battle system gets too redundant, in that it'd feel like the same game when playing all 3.
The look of the battle system is indeed similar, but a lot of things changed under the bonnet making each game play differently.
 

·
...and now they do.
Joined
·
20,002 Posts
well, i'll get around to playing them sooner or later. i have a feeling la pucelle will get on my nerves though, considering the characters...
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top