Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a game that I bet very few of you have seen or played; Shining Force CD.

With all the fuss over the new Shining Force Neo game coming out for the PS2 in March, I figured I'd get a few shots of the gameplay of the old games out here for those of you intrested in seeing what they were like.

Enjoy! :thumb:

·
Registered
496 Posts
I've heard about it, but was never really bored enough to buy a sega CD, heh heh. I've liked the Shining Force games I've played, though (1 and 2 on Sega Genisis), though they were a bit "the same". The pics there pretty much confirm what I thought, it is another copy of 1 and 2, heh heh. Though I'm not saying I wouldn't play it if I had the chance, though. :p
- Modem

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very few people had a Sega CD. They were way too pricy for there time and there wern't enough games to make the purchase worthwhile. That's where emulation comes in. :thumb:

I've played 1 and 2 on the genesis as well and that was fine with me that they were similar. Gameplay like that is great. The CD version is all battles though so if you really liked the battle system then this version is the best. Then again, I havn't tried the Saturn version, but that's next on the list. :D

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Is the game was a remake for genesis sf?i own a sega cd,but the power adapter is damaged:p

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
The original titles of this remake are Shining Force Gaiden 1 and 2, which denotes the difference between the Genesis/MD and GameGear versions. They continue where Shining Force 1 left off, and thus tighten the gap between the story of SF 1 and 2. But the GameGear also had Shining Force Gaiden 3 (Final Conflict), which was apparently never released outside of Japan, and added tidbits to the story of Shining Force 1 on the Genesis/MD (it's all about Max 'n Kane, baby :p). I wish that one was included in Shining Force CD.. :(

A translated script of Final Conflict can be found here. It's also the most good-looking game ever featured on the GameGear afaik, and was probably one of its last, although I'm not entirely sure.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Was this Final Conflict game on the shining Force CD disc? Or was it a game gear exclusive?
BTW part 4 of this game sucks cause it's hard and forces you to use characters that arn't so great. Ya. :eyespin:

·
Penadinho
2,599 Posts
OMG! Oddeye is in Final Conflict! I really wished someone could transtate it because it really sucks to play reading a text file :p

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
Klatch said:
It's also the most good-looking game ever featured on the GameGear afaik, and was probably one of its last, although I'm not entirely sure.
That, Royal Stone, Sonic G, and possibly the Lion King are worthy of that title IMO.

Yours,
-Elly

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Bopig! said:
Was this Final Conflict game on the shining Force CD disc? Or was it a game gear exclusive?
I didn't realize my post wan't clear about that. It's GameGear exclusive and in Japanese only.

Omegainf said:
OMG! Oddeye is in Final Conflict! I really wished someone could transtate it because it really sucks to play reading a text file :p
Several projects had started years ago, but they've all discontinued AFAIK. I only know that there is a version floating around where atleast the menus/choices have been translated.

エッリー said:
That, Royal Stone, Sonic G, and possibly the Lion King are worthy of that title IMO.
I should ofcourse have said: one of the most graphically impressive games on the GameGear. More accurately, I should say that the game features the finest artwork I have seen in any GG game. (portrets and battles) The general overview of the game isn't graphically impressive at all, IMO.

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
Is the CD version harder then 1 and 2 for the genesis ?, ( 2 was so stupid it had like what 10 difficulty levels, and even the hardest one was really easy, this is the largest drawback of the shining force games, they're too easy )

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CD only got difficult around Book 3. It's a 4 part game and it's best to play them in order, but the first two parts were easy. Book 4 though was really difficult since the game chooses who you get to use, and if you havn't been usuing those characters through the other books then your gonna have trouble like I did.
The other shining Force games may of been easy for you, but give CD a try if your looking for a challenge.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.