Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im sorry this might be a bit of a stupid question.. but i was wondering if all i needed was the BIO, the ISO to run the game. I know for PSX emulators you need plugins and virtual drives and what not but do you neeed any of these for Saturn?

Cheers for the replys.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i tried running Shining force 3 on girigiri, but it says CD unsuitable for this system. can anyone help me on this one? cuz i dont really know how to get the game running. sorry i never used an SS emu before.
thanksss

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think I can gives some comments as I've really play it. :)

Scenario 1 works completely fine in girigiri, I've complete the whole game without any problem. I can say it's 100% emulated.
But scenario 2 doesn't, the characters disappear during casting spells. This makes me have a try in ssf.

SSF also got problem when casting spells. Unlike girigiri, the characters are still there. But, for example the fire magic, the fire becomes white and color-spots flashing everywhere. However, except this, everything still works fine.

In general, girigiri gives smoother graphic than ssf does in shining force3, which looks more comfortable. I think it's related to the use of hardware antialiasing.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
girigiri gives smoother polygons and worse everything else. It stretches out every graphic without applying any kind of filtering so everything but the polygon edges looks absolutely terrible. This stands triple for 2d games, which looks absolutely godawful in girigiri. It also can't display transparencies right, not to mention that the backgrounds can't keep up with the rest of the graphics, creating very skippy scrolling in almost every game. And the sound support in girigiri is comparable to a NES doing chipmunk sounds (check Radiant Silvergun for example).

but ya it runs Shining Force more or less fine (except for perhaps music, I don't remember if it used synth or streaming music) while SSF has 2 graphical bugs in it. Take your pick...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.