Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this game has pretty high requirement on both cpu and graphic card if you wanted to use any of the additional options over the graphics of ps2 version. my framerate suffers a lot with dynamic shadow, and even a slight change in drawing distance. it plays at constant 50-60fps with all default settings though. the game connects to gamecity server to check authorization key after each stage ends, and whenever you save and load.

·
Banned
576 Posts
What a lousy game. The graphics look like dirt. Characters are low poly and texture are low res. Chaos Legion for pc manage to have more enemies, effects, and "actions" going on than this game does. It even has bump map for every texture, not to mention self shadowings, and lots of enemies onscreen at anytime.

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
I don't care how it looks, how does it play? Graphics arn't the world to me.

I've been meaning to get into the DW games. I only have DW1 for psx. I've been wanting to pick up a DW game for ps2, but trying to figure out which is the best.

Samurai Warriors looks good..

·
Registered
184 Posts
A PC version!! I had no idea. Do you know if there's an english version? That is one of my favorite series. DW5 is the smoothest yet.

Zer0Soul: You can get DW3 pretty cheap now. IMHO it's the fastest. 4 was kinda a little wierd and some of it rubbed off on Samurai Warriors, but both are alright. 5 just came out, like 2 weeks ago I think. It's a mix of 3 and 4, the speed of 3 and the smaller maps of 4. They also took out dueling, so no more breaks in gameplay. Every character also has their own musou mode as long as you don't mind playing a few levels over and over.

I know you said graphics don't matter much, but it kinda does for this series. Pop-ups plague the PS2 versions (not sure on the X-box). You'll be bouncing a general on a 60+ hit combo and suddenly a soldier pops out of nowhere, taking the rest of the hits. It's notorious in 3 and a little better in 4. 5 is almost perfect.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it plays exactly the same as ps2 version with nothing extra regarding gameplay. the extras are all about enchanced graphics like further drawing distance, number of people displayed on screen, dynamic shadow, texture filter, fsaa. but you need to have 3Ghz+ cpu and a high end dx9 card to utilize all that. all the menu and text are in japanese, but you can choose english speech.

on a side note, koei will release a sango musou mmo game for pc next year. but it will probably be released in japan only because the players must subscript yahoo broadband service in japan.

·
Registered
608 Posts
zer0Soul, depends on your interest I suppose, but I'd suggest you rent it first or borrow from friend. IMHO, the gameplay of the DW series is...for lack of better word, crap. It might entertain you for 10-20 hours and then it's repetitive and boring as heck. You continue to use the [][][]/\/\/\ combos to death and that is about it.
I "like" this series because I'm obessed with anything that has to do with the Three Kingdom period, but the Koei has let me down. As far as I'm concerned, DW3 == DW4 == DW5 so if you really are going to buy, I'd say get the latest, as it has more stuff, like characters. Most likely they'll release "expansion" later though, which is another thing I don't like about Koei, expansion that do not expand much.

om3gablue, I highly doubt there will be an English version. If you haven't heard, this game incorporates a highly obnoxious "authorization system". IIRC, the game checks with the server every time you pass a level, save, or load. So for the game to be released in the US, they either have to put Servers for that or take the checking stuff out; either way it's dubious.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yeah, I don't like that part about the expansions. Unfortunately I have them all, except Extreme Legends for SW. And I probably will get Extreme Legends for 5 also. I don't know what they'll put in it as far as characters, it'll be interesting.

Why the need for all the authorizing? PSOe1-2 for X-box does that, but only when you start the game. Does it save your characters changes on their servers so they can be used in an online versus mode?

·
Registered
608 Posts
I don't know the official reason for authorization stuff, but I can guess. Game piracy is a big problem at places where Koei's PC games are sold.

(rant about Koei, you can ignore)
In a way though, Koei really has to rethink its pricing strategy. Take the ROTK PC series for example, the release price has been about $60 for the last 10 years or so, then they slap an expansion that cost another $20; all in all, you pay $80 for a "complete" game. The worse part is, they've been doing the exp. crap since version 3, which was released about 10 years ago, all the way till version 10 now and I don't think they are going to stop anytime soon. Oh, and the $60 or $80 price tag is at places where most people make about ~$15,000 a year --!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Can anyone play the game using a PS2 joypad? I have a PS2 gamepad connected to a PS2-PC convertor to my comp USB port but I can't seem to configure that with the game. My gamepad works perfectly with other games (both PC and emulator).

Any idea?

Any help is appreciated~!!

Thanks.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
try to uninstall the driver, and use windows default driver or find another driver if you know the model of the adapter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Umm Could anyone translate config launcher for me?? I can't figure out what are 3/4 of the buttons for... :p
If someone has spare minute and knows japanese :>
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
left
right
forward
backward
normal attack
charge attack
musou
jump
defend
arrow attack
display name and hp
change map display
taunt
bodyguard tactics
pause

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks a lot:D
And could you help me with graphic settings too? :)

Isn't there any possibility to turn english caption at least. I know, that on the game DVD there are japanese and english movies :)
The game is fun anyways, but apart from causing mayhem, I don't understand a word :):)

·
___GANTZ Fan Boy___
406 Posts
I have the Xbox version and I don't wanna get Pc version if only improvement over Xbox/Ps2 is just the graphic.

IMO Samurai Warrios is a little better than DW 4 and 5 but doesn't good enough, there is nothing in this game except hack and slash, no strategy, no brainer. So I like Kingdom Under Fire : Crusader way better than DW/SW series.

P.S. Can I see some pic with draw distance set to Highest ?
I just want to know what it look like :eyemove: .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts