Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just tested personna 4 with the new releases (betas and non-betas) but i keep finding the same bug with every option i change. When you finally can control you character i notice that the floor textures are sometimes colourfull. Has anyone been having this bug aswell? If not (and if you can play this game semi-perfectly), then just tell me your graphic plugin and your svn. Im currently using GSdx 1076 and pcsx2-beta-1059 plugins. Any tips on how to solve this problem would be appreciated. Im sory i couldn't post any image. I tried to capture one but the colourfull floor bug was always appearing and disappearing every milisecond :rolleyes:

· Banned
35,081 Posts
does it occur in GSDX Software mode?

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
does it occur in GSDX Software mode?
ok..problem solve... i really can't tell if it was because of software mod or hard ware since now it works for both...:eyemove:
I really don't remember changing any option or trying other plugins...I don't know if i had tried that special gamefixe for PERSONA ground geometry and restarting emulator. (though i don't know if it's a fix for Persona 3 or 4...) anyway here's the options i use now. Game runs really good now. Thanks

· Registered
1,488 Posts
ok..problem solve... i really can't tell if it was because of software mod or hard ware since now it works for both...:eyemove:
I really don't remember changing any option or trying other plugins...I don't know if i had tried that special gamefixe for PERSONA ground geometry and restarting emulator. (though i don't know if it's a fix for Persona 3 or 4...) anyway here's the options i use now. Game runs really good now. Thanks
These are the correct settings to play the game glitch free currently.
Edit: The settings you see in the attached pics 2 posts above mine ;p

· Registered
2 Posts
Nobody happens to know if there is a glitch free persona 4 config for XP, would you? I got the colorful floor, plus crazy white bars on some textures and disappearing polygons depending on the camera angle. My system goes like this

intel core 2 duo at 3.17Gh
2Gb RAM
nVidia 8800GT at 512Mb
XP SP3

· No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
Nobody happens to know if there is a glitch free persona 4 config for XP, would you? I got the colorful floor, plus crazy white bars on some textures and disappearing polygons depending on the camera angle. My system goes like this

intel core 2 duo at 3.17Gh
2Gb RAM
nVidia 8800GT at 512Mb
XP SP3
Since you're on XP, you're stuck with DX9. For the white textures, geometry flashing, and texture Z-fighting turn on "Logarithmic Z" in the GSDX options. Turning this on may cause some additional slowdown ingame though.

· Registered
2 Posts
Get the newest GSdx to fix the floor bug.
The (very rare) polygone flickering can't be fixed right now (path3 masking issues).
Hmmm. Ok, I just finally realized I had an outdated Gsdx. I updated and now the colorful floor is gone and my frame rate is maintained, but my resolution has gone to crap while running in native, which strikes me as odd, since it's reporting that I'm still in the same resolution.

Out of curiosity, does dx10 really improve that much. I've been thinking of putting trying vista again on my second partition since I already own a copy. I just really hated a lot of it's "Features".

EDIT: Never mind, I fixed it. Still, the dx10 question stands, as I'm new to pcsx2 and I want to get as much out of it as I can.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.