Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It just came out on DVD here and it kicks as$. It's one of those films like The Full Monty that are just really weird but damn good.

There comes a day in every mans life when he has to get off the couch... and kill some zombies. When flesh-eating zombies are on the hunt for a bite to eat, it's up to slacker Shaun and his best pal to save their friends and family from becoming the next entree.
Anyone seen it yet? definitly buy this if you havnt! :thumb:

Shaun of The Dead

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,477 Posts
hahahaa yeah that movie is muito Rox dude!

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Saw it ages ago. One of the benefits of living in England is we get so see the funniest shows first.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Good comedy should rely on wit and intelligence, like Blackadder and Yes Minister does. To be honest tho, we also have some great toilet humour shows like the Young Ones or Bottom, or basicaly anything with Rick Mayall in ;P
And what about Red Dwarf, Little Britain, Bo Selecta!, Ali G, The Fast Show and Harry Enfield and Chums

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
"Batman soundtrack?"

"...throw it!"

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
T.O.F.K.A.Z said:
Well seen it but somethings were just to lame or predictable IMO.
Want a gooood comedy ? :p Eurotrip ... SCOTTY DOESN'T KNOW !!! ;)
Eurotrip dosnt compare to SoTD!! they are on different levels. It was a good movie but the actors were terrible imo.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Yea, i've seen Shaun of the Dead at least probably 10 times by now. Saw it while it was in theatres a few times, and quite a few since then. Probably my overall most enjoyed film of 2004. Still need to pick up the dvd though. And i believe a while back i had a sig of it too (when it first came to states and was released on dvd in UK)

And i like all kind of comedy, but in no way does Eurotrip compare to Shaun of the Dead. Pretty much just another gross-out teen comedy, compared to a movie that succeeds in both being funny, and clever (if you've seen the xxxx of the Dead movies you know what i mean) and staying as unique as movies can be nowadays. When was the last time you saw some of the most recognized horror films in history becoming comedies and succeeding in actually being funny? Last time i remember was young frankenstein, and that was released, what...like 25 years ago? Just an overall unique and abso-freakin-lutely excellent movie.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did this movie come out in theaters in the US? I dont remember seeing it, we just got the DVD release.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Kiroshi said:
Did this movie come out in theaters in the US? I dont remember seeing it, we just got the DVD release.
Yea, but it wasn't in there very long. I remember it came out some time in August or so. USA didn't have as many people that liked it or went to see it as the UK did so it didn't stay in there very long.

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
Very funny movie.

·
Miserable Bugger
1,090 Posts
I must admit I didn't like this film and I usually like Simon Pegg.

It wasn't funny enough for a comedy and wasn't scary enough for a horror.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
DB7 said:
I must admit I didn't like this film and I usually like Simon Pegg.

It wasn't funny enough for a comedy and wasn't scary enough for a horror.
I don't really find horror scary at all anymore. Only horror films that really give me the jitters are the old old ones. And i thought it was a riot.

Just picked up the DVD tonight, definately got some cool features (despite that you can watch them all in a matter of maybe 20-30 minutes) and a great movie. Definately on my top 5 of 2004.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I liked the special effects feature on the DVD, Like smashing a melon for brain splatter and that pole that goes down into the ground when the girl falls on it. oh and the outtakes, those were soooo funny.

And I thought the movie was funny enough, "sorry shaun, no I'M SORRY SHAUN" :fart: that got me laughing so hard :lol:

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
This is funny, I just saw the DVD tonight...and to be honest, it's quite wierd. I'd probably give it 6 out of 10 or something.

I love english movies, i.e Snatch, etc.. but this one felt like something was missing. I donno.....it wasn't as funny as it appeared to be in the trailer.

r2rX oO

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Well the thing was, most of the best bits were in the trailer. There wasn't really much else for the film to do. It was funny., but I've seen funnier stuff.... but only Scrubs, decent British Comedy, and a few animes like Fumoffu and Azumanga.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts