Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to share media with my xbox 360...

I tried enabling Windows media player Network Sharing service but when I start it says
Could not start service
Error 1075 the depenency service does not excist or has been marked for deletion

I tried googling and the fixes suggested there didn't work...

I enabled SSDP service and to automatic Same for Universal plug and play host.

Now I tried unstalling ZUNE player,
same problem can't share.

I tried starting Zune network sharing service and got the exact same error!!!

What's going on :S
driving me mad.

Thanks.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No that's not the problem, the problem is in the NETWORK sharing service on my pc...

I installed a virtual machine and there it works perfect... but it uses alot of resources on my pc so i'd rather have it straight..

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,728 Posts
running XP?

I google'd on that error as well and "fixes" range from re-adding "client for microsoft networks" in the lan settings to registry edits to fixing printer drivers.

what did you already try to resolve the problem?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried to delete drm folder, rename media player map in profile directory. Un-uninstall windowsmediaplayer but for some strange reason it doesn't allow to be un-installed, it says windows media player will be rolled back continue etc. and then it finished but it's still there lol.

and I checked the 2 other services in services.msc that need media sharing are on. but the 3rd won't come on.

and yes I run xp sp3.

ok thanks ruantec, have to check it out ;).
Hope it allows playlists.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.