Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is really weird, the game runs 60 fps in fmv movies. And also in battle 60fps. But when I have to walk and stuff(for example in beginning on the train) it goes down to 20 fps?

I got:
Q6600-2.7ghz
4850HD ATI
2GB Ram

Any tips?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmm, gets even stranger.
Now I tried the 094 version(before was playground) and now I get fast fps during regular scenes and slow in fmv and battles :s

·
Registered
315 Posts
try using Software mode with 3 SW rend. threads it will get faster when walking, but slower when there is special effects, like magic attacks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Euhm, some questions.
Can't you play it at decent speed with 3d mode?
And why exactly 3SW rend? You're right though, it is fast when walking but slow when stuff like magic happens.

not possible full speed at all times?

·
Registered
315 Posts
If i am not mistaken it is something about how the game was coded that makes it work worse, like graphic card doesn't work like it is suppose to.
Full speed at all times maybe if you have a C2D 8*00's overclocked to 4.0Ghz and a 4850, 4870, GTX260, GTX280 with DX10 or if pcsx2 and/or GSdx can overcome this problem with the code, must be very difficult to make emulator work with so many differents types of codding so just use Software mode for now and be happy that we have software if not it would be 17-22fps walking, use hacks and advance options 45-55fps most of the times for me with the exceptions of special effects that make fps come to 15fps some times.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx mate, one more thing.
Does changing the rendering part(more or less) influence speed?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Are you talking about SW rend. threads? if you are, maybe, it suppose to use 3 cores of your cpu and the other core for the rest of pcsx2, if it is optimized enough it will be faster than using only 1 core, try using the latest Gsdx available but i really can tell by experience since i have C2D, C2Q will lose most of the times against C2D of the same speed but maybe if Software mode is well coded and using the latest windows 7 that is suppose to be more 4 core friendly will make it worth wild having a C2Q even without using video and graphic programs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts