Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm kinda new to the board and to Dolphin emulation but I'll list the problem I'm having and specs.

I am trying to run the GC game Shadow the Hedgehog on two Dolphin emulators. They both give the same result though. The emulators I use are:
Dolphin x86 SVN r609 and Dolphin 1546

I ran the game first with the openGL 0.1 plugin and I get the message saying it can't create an openGL renderer and to check logs or something? So I tried the other gfx plugin called Dolphin DX9, and the game seems to work, so I doubt it's my graphics card.

I don't tick the dual core option in the emulator otherwise the words don't show up in the menu and I get a total white screen while playing. However, when I leave te dual core option blank the letters in the menus blink on and off. I don't mind that but when it comes to gameplay there is a white screen that blinks on and off, blocking my view so it's hard to play. I don't know if it's my graphics card, but can anyone help me with a solution to this?

My specs are:
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8400 @ 2.26 GHz
2 cores and 2 threads
Chipset: Intel GM45/GM47
Instructions: MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSSE3, SSSE4.1, EM64T

I feel I am close, I'll appreciate some help very much.

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
You have crappy Intel integrated graphic, you won't be able to use the OpenGL plugin. You'll need to download an older build of the DX9 video plugin, as the newer builds of the DX9 plugin don't work.

However don't expect the DX9 video plugin to look as good with games as OpenGL. The DX9 plugin still exhibits quite a bit of graphical issues that make games nearly unplayable, namely in Resident Evil Zero, and Resident Evil Remake as well as many other games.

:Edit: I see you mentioned that you also tried with the DX9 plugin as well. This game works fine in the latest revisions using the OpenGL plugin, but as I mentioned above the DX9 plugin still exhibits graphical issues in a lot of games that look fine with the OpenGL plugin.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
actually denis, its a GMA X4500

which actually has OpenGL 2.1 support.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also tried Dolphin SVN R 3013
but the 3D9 plugin just shows a black screen while the sound works normally, and the opengl is giving me the message error that it can't render and to check the logs. I think this is one of the latest revs out there, but I'm not sure why the opengl isn't playing.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
update your Intel GMA 4500 drivers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.