Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Interplay sucks!
1,219 Posts
I guess I'm the only one around here besides Hyuga that's playing this awesome game :D This is one of the very few games I'm willing to buy at launch price.

The game really is something, can't believe the developers actually can create a beautiful and large world like that on the ps2, not to mention the colossis, heavily detailed and well colossal.

I'm taking it slow tho, it seems like a short game and I want to take my time enjoying it ;)

·
Registered
408 Posts
I'm waiting to pick it up, as I do with all console games. 20 bucks for the ones that interest me. Only 1 game I bought this year on a console for more than that, and that was God of War - and I wish I had waited for 20 bucks on ebay for that too.

This game I probably won't wait for 20 though, soon as I see it for 30 on ebay I'll get it :p. I know it will be short, but like Ico I'll probably play through it tons of times. Hopefully :( :p.

A netbuddy of mine got it last week and finished it this weekend, he plays games about 50% slower than me (if I had to gauge it, and no I don't rush; I take things slow but for some reason not as slow as him...I chalk it up to more years of gaming experience and just knowing what to do in specific situations because of it, since game design is usually not terribly different) so I'd probably finish it by tuesdday if I bought it on saturday like he did. He said he enjoyed it, and was going to let the story sink in over night - that's not too thrilling to hear about the story honestly. (him waiting to tell me about how he feels about the ending is probably not a good sign).

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
I just bought it and so far I think that the boss fights are mostly trail and error where you just knock a collusus into a vulnereble prosition by stabbing it in one weakness and then finish it off by stabbing it in it's other magical weakness

·
Interplay sucks!
1,219 Posts
At first you get the impression it is like a trial and error game, but the more colossi you encounter the more it feels like a puzzle just to find out how you can climb them, not all colossi are easily climb like the first few ;) (and how to get to their locations are also a challenge later on)

That comic is linked on the 1st post btw.

·
band
4,912 Posts
im sorry i didnt contribute to this thread yet ... its just too, too time consuming and the experience is so amazing i didnt think i cud make a thread that cud justify this game O__O

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
I got a demo, and really love it. So unique and the art style is gorgeous.

I plan on picking it up sometime.

·
Classic Games Lover
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I haven't had much time to play it lately since I decided to finish DMC3 first so I only have 4 down at the time :)

EDIT: 7 down :D Geez, the 8th one is indeed a pain in the ass, Samor :/

EDIT2: Defeated :D I found quite simple way, but shhh.... ;)

·
Interplay sucks!
1,219 Posts
Spent more than an hour to defeat the sand colossi, 1 hour just figuring out what the hell I should do, turns out I only need 10 minutes to defeat the bastard after figuring it out.

What colossi is no.8 btw? I think I screw up the order because I found one by mistake that isn't guided by the sword :D

·
Registered
401 Posts
hmm
Ive beat the first 2, I know how to beat the third, but time constrictions from school make it hard to get time to set down and take one down. Either way, the design of the game is amazing, however the story seems a bit lacking so far, does a good bit more get revealed later on??

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,728 Posts
didamangi said:
Spent more than an hour to defeat the sand colossi, 1 hour just figuring out what the hell I should do, turns out I only need 10 minutes to defeat the bastard after figuring it out.

What colossi is no.8 btw? I think I screw up the order because I found one by mistake that isn't guided by the sword :D
ah? so you don't have to follow the order perse? That's interesting.

As for defeating #8,
The hint to defeat him was in front of my eyes all the time - in the form of the tiny lizards that are all over the game's world and fall on their back on a regular basis
. Btw, #8 is kinda small....relatively speaking, of course ;)

Now I'm at #9, but right now I'm short of time.
It's the big turtle one - I think I know what to do, but it seems difficult to pull off nonetheless

The first 7 went relatively easy. I died at the first one the first time, but I defeated 2 - 7 without dieing once.
The first time I saw a colossus simply was too overwhelming:
"Oh man, that's huge...I think I need my horse! *whistle* ...uh, no horse? GASP! I think the giant thing heard me! It's turning around... so big... what do I do now???? Oh my, that's a big hammer... *SPLAT* - DEAD.

2-7 all took me about half an hour to defeat after that (including tracking them down and finding them out).
#2 ...(bull-like)...hmmm...how do I hit those feet...hm...oh yeah, I forgot! I have a bow =P ...2 minutes later, it died ;P
#3 ...hm, I saw this one in a trailer....I have to get to him by jumping onto his giant weapon, right? ...easy ;P
#4 ....giant horse! Nice ponytails (I guess a horse with ponytails was an intentional pun? )
#5 ...the bird! very cool one... Hm, let's try shooting the bow at it... Hey, it reacts, *SPLASH!* hmm....maybe I should grab on it when it does that...AHA! Now to hit him on the head...hmmm....I can't get there :( Ah...of course, the wings! Ok, it died...hey, I can still swim...where are those black ..KKRRZZT! ...Oh...."
#6 ...The beard one...well, I just ran from him and he went looking for me and then I climbed in his beard...
#7 ...Ok, I climbed up this structure...now what? I see something shiny in the water...hmm, I guess that's the colossus? But it ain't doing anything. *shoots with bow* hmm, nope nothing...ah well, I guess I'll just drop myself in the water and find a different way...SPLASH!....GASP! It's awakened?! NOW?! ..oh, maybe I should try tro grab it then... KZZZRT!!! AAAH ELECTROCUTION! CRAP! TAKE THAT, BASTARD! AND THAT! AND...hey, it died....

Player-X > you also think the graphics are a little dissapointing? I don't mean the giant creatures, but the jagged gfx and slowdown. Maybe the giants (or the pretty large world) eat all the cpu resources but they don't look like it.

·
band
4,912 Posts
i dont think the slowdown is as bad as it seems. it seems to me that the motion bluring is badly implemented so that it looks a lot like slowdown O___o

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.