Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting 40-60 frames (when I don't have frame limiting on) when fighting the first Colossus. In fact I rarely drop below 50fps. The problem is that when I stab him in the leg in order to knock him down and run up his back the game freezes. Audio keeps playing as normal, but graphically the game is stuck. I have since found that it is only when I do a "charged-up" stab. If I stab quickly twice to bring him down, there is no issue. I can proceed to run up to his head an finish him (performing a jumping stab on his head will freeze the game as well).

Here is my Base configuration using PCSX2 Playground 1.0.0395 - TLB & VM:

All speed hacks must be on to obtain these frame rates including EE/IOP Sync Hack (X3).

Plugin Configuration:

Graphics: GSdx 872m (MSC 15.00, SSSE3) 0.1.12
Res:1280x800 60Hz
Renderer: Direct3D 10 (Hardware)
NLOOP hack: Grey check mark
Texture Filtering: Grey checkmark
Wait vsync: Off

CPU Config:

All options checked, Frame limiting set to "Limit"

Advanced Options: Default

-------------------------------------

I have found that the game freezes the same way every time and I am trying to figure out what setting may fix this issue. I have tried running in dx9 mode and turning off EE/IOP Sync hack (X3) as well as running from the legitimate DVD and ISO. The result is the same in each instance.

If anyone has any ideas or would like to test to see if their results are the same then my curiosity will be sated... lol not sure what else it will accomplish. Have fun, if the game works for you perfectly, congrats =).

·
The Pest
1,820 Posts
This is a well known bug that you cannot complete this with any current build. It's all over the forums, please search next time. There is no workaround, even if you do use the one that gets you by this boss, it happens on another one later.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Dont use the playground beta for this, use the 0.9.4 or the normal Betas. The Playground will make it stuck at the first colossus but the 0.9.4 will at the 5th.

No support for betas thou so... Thread Closed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.