Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will both games are RPGs and both games have an interesting story line, the battles system is almost the Similar except for ring system which SH2 uses mean while in lord of the rings you can sleep during the battles since all you have to do is select the attack and a way it goes!
What attracted me to lord of the rings was that after every battle you see a cut seen from one of the three movies so you will end up seeing most of all three movies! Not to mansion that you can play as the lovely humans, elves and dwarfs or as the mighty orcs! Now how many RPGs will let you be the bad guy. Lord of the ring also allows cooperative game play I never played an RPG like that in a multiplayer mode. I have to say it was fun.

About SH2 the well the Germans girl skirt was very nice. :innocent: but I also liked the ring- battle system. I have to admit though that the magic-summing side of the game was very bad I didn’t get the real spells until late in the game. Any way the game had a well developed comedy side.
So which one of these games did you like to most?
I liked lord of the rings since I happen to be a lord of the rings fanatic I like every thing about it!

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
You're comparing these two games? Shadow Hearts: Covenant is the best RPG of the year. LotR: The Third Age is just FFX in LotR. :|

·
Registered
822 Posts
I would have to agree with Ryos on this one. I finished Shadow Hearts: Covenant a couple weeks back and I have to say I would recommend it over LOTR. The only thing I would have to say that would contend against Shadow Hearts 2 IMO is Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, it is not recognize in NA widely and when you get into it this game is very good. I am currently playing it and it is pretty hard which is surprising with most RPG's being rather easy.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Yep SH1 started it all and I enjoyed playing it too. I played it a while back and had my save file so I got some items earlier than expected during SH2. The best parts though are during the comedic moments and the side quests.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A lot of people say that SH2 was better then one do you agree?
I am asking because I never played SH1 before.
Can I understand the story of SH 1 from playing SH2?

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Cant say that cause i havent finished 2 yet,but i can tell you that SH1 was a much darker game,with a good plot.I guess 2 should be better,but i cant say for sure.Also you cant understand the story of one by playing 2 since it only gets mentioned in very few moments as far as ive played

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
SH2 definitely. And although SH1 has a darker "mood". The story, the characters and most pointedly the ending, makes everything all worthwhile. Best RPG of the year in my book as well :D:D:D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
do you people Advise me to play SH1 before completing SH2 or are they not that connected?
And is SH1 or 2 by any chance released on the xbox?

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Both games are PS2 exclusive ;)
I would advice you to play 1 first,it gives you some insight on 2 and you can understand some parts directly connected to 1 that you wouldnt otherwise...but that doesnt mean you have to,SH2 was made this way so people who havent played 1 can enjoy the game too

·
Registered
301 Posts
SH2 is surely the best RPG that I ever played. As for the TLOR, I'm big fan of the movies but for the games, well....I really hate to say that it was bad and boring.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts