Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
sfd and xbx file formats ???

does annyone have the file formats for the xbk and sfd files..

sfd a re the xbox movie files... there is a convertor to convert sfd movies to mpeg movies..

and i`m looking for the xbx file format.. xdx files are image files like bmp and jpg...

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also i`m looking for the file format of xip.. this is a zip compression yust for xbox.

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
for those wanne know.. here some file format descriptions and litle file format info about xid

Xbox File Types

by Michael Steil , 2 May 2002
The Xbox hard disk contains files in some different formats, most of which are new:

*.xbe
XBE files are signed Xbox executables. Their format is similar to the Win32 PE format.

*.xtf
It is unknown what the XTF files contain. The hard disk contains two of them (Xbox Book.xtf and Xbox.xtf, about 15 MB each). They start with "XTF0 \0\0\0" followed by its file name without extension and compress down to less than 6 MB. They might contain image data, because every fourth byte is 0.

*.xip
XIP files (Xbox ZIP?) are uncompressed archives containing several files, usually of the types xm, xap and xbx.

Offset Size Description
0 4 String "XIP0"
4 4 Beginning of data in file
8 2 some 16 bit value?
10 1 always same as at position 8?
12 4 Total size of data
16 4 Zero
20 4 Size of first file
24 8 Zero
32 ... ...

*.xm
XM files (Xbox Mesh) contain mesh data for 3D objects. They start with "XPR0".

*.xap
XAP files (Xbox Application) are JavaScript executables that get interpreted by xboxdash.xbe. They control the Dashboard menus.

*.xbx
XBX files are deflate-compressed (zlib) images.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
You could have just edited your original post and put all that in one instead of triple posting,also wish i could be of some help to you but there may be some here who might be able to help you out.

·
Registered
340 Posts
*.xtf are xbox font files. Thats all i know that isnt already on the list.

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
all file formats are welkom :) so if annyone has them please post them..
the xbe file format is already be published by caustik

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
I do know a little about .xbg files. It's xbox's version of the .x files. The XDK comes with a tool that converts .x files into .xbg format by command line :dead:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Something i thought of, .bik files are bink video files (used in some xbox games and some PC games). Bink has an offical player/editor out @ [size=-1]www.radgametools.com/default.htm, but i think its down ATM.[/size]

*.xmv
Xbox movie format. I dont know if theres any viewers/editors for PC out

*.xap
XAP files (Xbox Application) are JavaScript executables that get interpreted by xboxdash.xbe. They control the Dashboard menus.
Are those signed in a similiar format to xbes?

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
gameman733 said:
Something i thought of, .bik files are bink video files (used in some xbox games and some PC games). Bink has an offical player/editor out @ [size=-1]www.radgametools.com/default.htm, but i think its down ATM.[/size]
Bink videos can be played in xbox games?! That's great. I'm doing a port of Aliens vs Predator Gold to Xbox and it uses bink videos. I thought I would have to remove all the bink video code but I guess I might not have too. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts