Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sexy Anime on EPSXE

Yes in the Chrono Trigger start up very good anime.

Anyway I have a problem y'see I already had plans on reformatting my Comp, but before I did I put all my stuff on my external HDD. Including my espxe (all its bio folders, mem card folders, plugin folders etc) and the Chrono trigger psx version

well I tested to see if it worked so I actually RAN espxe from my external HDD and selected Chrono trigger from my external HDD (not my normal Comp) and all ran perfectly
I even loaded mem cards and ran great, all on my external HDD. so naturally I was thinking 'yep all is good, now when I reformatt my Comp and finish that I can just drag the espxe files and chrono trigger on my Comp and play' but heres the problem. I Cannot

Why is that? I mean it RAN PERFECT on my external HDD and i didnt change nothing, all I did was simply drag the files from my external HDD to my computer...

so when i start the game the intro goes really fast and theres no sound, the music plays extra fast when it gets to the menu (like new game, load game, options) and I cant even load my saved games when all this was working fine before

i dunno if this is epsxe error but it cant be cuz it just worked on my external HDD before i reformatted

oh and the strange thing is I get exact same errors even when I try to play from my external as well as my Comp (despite it working before!)

so this led me to believe when I reformatted something changed and now it wont get espxe to run.

can anybody help me on this? not your common espxe problem, but this should be easy to figure out for some whos good with this (im not :()
====================================================================
Also posted this in plugins section incase I could get help there

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Next time please post it only once, if it should have been at a different place a mod can move it :)

Have you tried checking the setting of your emulator, I think you might need to specify in which folder your memorycards can be located.

Otherwise, have you checked all the plugin configurations, especially if the framelimiter hasn't been turned off?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cid Highwind said:
Otherwise, have you checked all the plugin configurations, especially if the framelimiter hasn't been turned off?
Are u suggesting I check the FPS limit or select Auto detect FPS / Frame skipping limit?

other than that all should be ok, I did say that i didnt not once change any of the options before I reformatted, but do you think the location of the epsxe (like in which folders its in) is important for this situation?

And btw I used a program called Delta (cause I thought it was needed) Delta had something to do with the epsxe but after installing it I didn't really know what its use was so I uninstalled - but chrono still worked fine. (and im not even sure i needed delta to begin with)
so do you think i need that delta-epsxe programme?

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
You can use delta if you like it, it depends on personal preference :)

It never hurts to double check something when it isn't working the way you want. Try setting the FPS limit to 50 or 60, depending on which version of the game you have, PAL or NTSC.

The installing and uninstalling of Delta might have changed your plugin settings.

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Alright guys, Weeklam pm'd me about his config, I thought it might be better just to post his question and config here because some of you know more about plugin configs than I do, and I don't have time to test the settings myself, and I never played Chrono Cross.

this is what I put in my reply
Cid H said:
ude, next time just use the 'copy settings to clipboard' button and post it at the forums. Guys like Hushy know more about emulation than I do :)

I'll post the question now on your behalf, especially since I haven't played with this game myself.
A good start would be to click the 'nice' settings and adjust the config from that point to your liking. Just don't forget to check the box next to FPS Limit, and use auto limiting, that should help the speed problem.
Any other advice would be welcome to help him out :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
If you want everything to work after reformatting just by copying it back on your computer, you would need to also export your entire registry to a file and save that off too. Of course, if you do that, you haven't done much more than defragmenting your computer by the time you are finished reinstalling windows and copying everything back...

The other option would be to find the relevant registry keys and export them one at a time, but I wouldn't suggest playing in the registry editor too much as you can do some serious damage in there. That, and there is always the chance you miss one or two unless you know where to look. The registry is pretty big, after all...

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
Hairybudda said:
Your plugins store settings in the registry, when you blasted your install of windows, you also blasted your registry.

Reconfiguring your emulator will work.
exactly. everything is running like crap because all your settings were reset. looking at that picture i laughed, all default settings, not even the fast or nice preset :lol:

Also posted this in plugins section incase I could get help there
i hope you know that this is just one similar forum, most people browse all parts of it ;)

PS. it's not worth it to back up the registry for your settings. you can just write em down and restore em in like, 20 seconds. not too hard ;)

PPS. next time try to make a relevant title. "sexy anime in ePSXe" is pretty vague and you'd probably get more help with "chrono cross config problems" or something. it woulda helped too if you actually spelled ePSXe correctly as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hmm, well Im trying to do what I done the first time, get all my bios and plugins etc. reconfigure my settings and saving them, and if I just do that (which I am) new registry files should be created, yes?

And I selected 'nice' settings (thanks for suggesting this bubba, cid and pushy) and the frame rate is normal, sound works and isn't running fast anymore. yay

However, just one more issue - Memory Cards! is my data forever gone due to the loss of my original registry files? cause I cannot get it to load my save data :( if u got any help then Im all ears

·
Premium Member
6,403 Posts
bluekirby0 said:
The other option would be to find the relevant registry keys and export them one at a time, but I wouldn't suggest playing in the registry editor too much as you can do some serious damage in there. That, and there is always the chance you miss one or two unless you know where to look. The registry is pretty big, after all...
The graphics plugin settings are located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Vision Thing\PSEmu Pro\GPU. For anyone who wants to back up their settings, just right click on Vision Thing, click Export and name the file. Now all you have to do is open the file and your settings are thrown into the registry correctly :).

The memory cards are separate files that aren't affected by the registry. Have you gone to Config->Memory card and pointed the emulator to the memory card files?

·
Registered
654 Posts
If you use ePSXeCutor as a front end, it has a function to export all that stuff for you, as well.

As for the memory cards, you just have to point ePSXe at where the memcard files are. They should be in the memcards subdirectory below where ePSXe.exe is.

Dan

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
this is very weird, i think I've tried all memcard files and it either says "The memory card has not been formatted" or "No save data found on memory card slot 1"

Of course the memory cards were working before the reformat - I took the liberty of making another pic with all the memory card files I got and if anybody knows why these errors occur :(

Also I even tried Config Memory Card > Select with all of them and no results so are you sure the registry has nothing to do with it? Cause now I don't know any solutions :hdbash:

·
Premium Member
6,403 Posts
Try looking at them with a memory card editor or PSXeven's memory card manager. Those should tell you if there's still valid data in them. That's weird though, I've brought memory card files along with me after reformats and they've worked fine oO.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Check the dates on the memcard files (right-click, Properties, check modification date)...are you sure the ones you're pointing the emulator at are the ones you had before the reformat, and not ones that ePSXe created automatically when you first ran it after the reformat?

Dan

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I did everything and even tried loading form the external HDD - no luck.

selected every memory card file in slot 1 and tried loading them but nothing... is there a combination I must do it in? (for example ct.1 in slot 1 and ct.2 in slot 2?) or something? cause I tried all combinations, still nothing

and I got epsxe000.mcr and epsxe001.mcr and have no idea what those are about neither

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK thanks I'll try but I need some info first please, is the memory card editor a seperate program all together or is it included with ePSXe? If it is included how would I access it within ePSXe?

tried searching 'memory card editor' but nothing at all related to emulation.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.