Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Back from the dead
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my nice new Audigy 2 ZS in the mail yesterday but when I run the setup, it says, "Sound Blaster Audigy 2 not detected". I know I installed the card itself correctly because Windows came up the Found New Hardware screen. Any suggestions at all to get this working will be very much appreciated! I'd like to get the card working before my Logitech X-530 system arrives monday.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
are you running the CD of drivers that came with it or the ones that you downloaded? are you sure it's a 2 ZS? i remember the site you showed us, it looked pretty shady :p

·
Back from the dead
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
This problem is a very common problem with audigy 2 zs users. Unfortuanetly I can't find a fix. Kazuya's suggestion didn't work. :( I just tried it.

Also: Windows keeps automatically installing this "audigy controller" device without even prompting me. Anyway to stop it?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
i had this little proggy to take off the detection from Audigy drivers, thats how i got Audigy 2 ZS drivers on my Audigy1 back in the day

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
Katsuya said:
Why would you want to do something like that?
Audigy 2 ZS drivers have a better EQ (which i never used though), better/more detailed surround settings, and a few other random things. it's basically all in the software...the Audigy software sucks. i don't even use the audigy software anymore, i just install teh drivers.

·
Back from the dead
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.