Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am downgradeing my old Dell to a 20GB HD and I now have a 80 GB Hdd I plan to install into my main PC to run beside another 80GB ina Raid 0 Aray, how does one go about creating a RAID0 array after I reformat both disks, I am running them on a ABIT NF7-S 1.0 Nforce based Mobo, I will do it later in the day after I have an important exam.

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
Is raid0 the one which uses 2 hard disks as one (add the capacity)? If it is you can use windows disk manager to convert the disks into dynamic disks and creat one partition that spans both drives.

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
NF7-S motherboards can only do Raid configurations with the SATA controllers. Not the IDE controllers. If you've got the IDE to SErial adapter for both IDE Hard drives or if both of them are native SATA, then connect them to the Serial ATA connectors. Then boot up the system into the SErial ATA bios configuration(options are pretty much self explanatory). It comes after the initial bios start up screens.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Since this is your 'main' PC I doubt this will be doing any server related tasks. In this case you will not notice any noticeable performance gains in your everyday use.

On top of that, you halve the integrity of both drives since you'll be splitting the data. I was going to do the same thing until I realized it was a waste of time. I decided to get a 200GB drive instead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts