Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new server seems to be timing out to quickly for those with slower connections. seems 256K and lower connections are Timing out before the entire page is downloaded (usually when multiple pages are loaded at once)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not errors, the loading of the page cuts off midway. never used to happen.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
The new server seems to be timing out to quickly for those with slower connections. seems 256K and lower connections are Timing out before the entire page is downloaded (usually when multiple pages are loaded at once)
I've been facing this problem oh so often nowadays. And as you said, it gets worse if you open up multiple threads is multiple tabs. On average, 2 out of 3 pages fail to load fully, and the Random Pics thread is almost inaccessible for me.

·
Registered
67 Posts
it should be a solution, it is also a test because I dont have a slow internet connection to test on.

if that doesnt work ill install a lite version skin on here.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It has nothing to do with the amount of posts, also effecting the Main index and board views, the server is just not 256K friendly.

I'd hate to see what 56K is like.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
It goes through ups and downs, only encountered the problem a few times to day, yesterday was horrible, but the day before that was fine.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I don't know if it is server timeout or not but I got this message on internet explorer today.

As a temporal solution you can try Firefox, I haven't seen it there while I did see it on IE quite often like at uni, or at my GF. It's highly frustrating since it aborts the loading and shows that the page cannot be displayed.

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Well i have 300k (yeah odd speed uh?)
No problems here.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts