Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a few shots of the demo. No screenshot button, so it's kinda irritating having to minamize and keep pasting, so there's not a whole lot.
The game itself it seems is basically like the other two (naturally). I don't think the enemies should "explode" quite so much, so more death animations. Plenty of enemy blood (and enemies for that matter) flying around, and it seems like it'll be a tough one (even on medium).
The graphic settings are fairly limited in the demo, so the highest resolution on my monitor that would look okay with the game is what you see (no 1280*1024). AA is only medium since setting it to high won't save.
Overall, seems like it'll be another good purchase (though hopefully only at it's other game cost wise, maybe $20-30 would be fair.
I belive all guns are in the demo, but I haven't tried any cheats and such to unlock them all. There seems to be plenty of weapons though, all pretty different.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Looks better than the 1st one :)

Btw, grabclipsave helps for games with no sshot feature, it detects when something is copied to clipboard and pastes it the way you want it in a common image format

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Type GrabClipSave in google, it worked for me.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,906 Posts
Whats wrong with fraps? :p Will try this game later, looks kinda goofy for my tastes tho.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I really like this series, this demo level seems a lot different from the usual serious sam stuff, it seemed smaller, also it gave me a strange console feel here and there , but still coop is a blast, with 4 ppl it's mayhen with 16, well, I don't know if I wanna see that :p

give me a thousand enemies onscreen! oh and don't forget the parrot :p

·
Eh??
1,739 Posts
Ok, I'm a bit confused; I have two Serious Sam games here: The one that starts on the egypt (or something like that) and the one that starts on a jungle.

The jungle one isn't Serious Sam 2?? So why is that the third game is also called SS2??

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Hmmm, here is a game list that might help you.

GBA

Serious Sam Advance

GC

Serious Sam: Next Encounter

PC

Serious Sam Gold
Serious Sam II
Serious Sam: The First Encounter
Serious Sam: The Second Encounter

PS2

Serious Sam: Next Encounter

XBOX

Serious Sam Gold
Serious Sam II

psicomaniaco said:
Ok, I'm a bit confused; I have two Serious Sam games here: The one that starts on the egypt (or something like that) and the one that starts on a jungle.

The jungle one isn't Serious Sam 2?? So why is that the third game is also called SS2??

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
It's decent fun.. I like the graphics engine, but the physics are horrible..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tried playing the MP at a LAN but to many people couldent play it so we endded up not. Just dident like the FX5200 card people had...dont blame it though lol. THough I heard it's one of those games that need a fairly beefy card. *pets his tweaked Radeon 9000*

·
Banned
10,931 Posts
THough I heard it's one of those games that need a fairly beefy card. *pets his tweaked Radeon 9000*
Since when is a Radeon 9000 "beefy"?
The game runs smoothly if you just use the autoconfig the singleplayer game is good and the cutscenes are hilarious but the real fun starts when you start a coop game with unlimited ammo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Maybe I should had rephrased it. I wasent refering to my Radeon 9000 as beefy. Just added that cuase so far I have been able to play everything thats been throned at it. Though the guy who hosted the lan was using a bench system 3.0Ghz 1GB DDR and a FX5200 and it ran really choppy. So he dident send the MP demo out. >_> So I dident get a chance to play it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Radeon 9000 is more powerful. Not by a massive margin but enough to see a difference. Friend had a FX5200 and roughly the same Hardware as me and we where playing HL2..mine looked just fine. His was horrid..the textures where out of place, the shadows where blocked it was just all messed up and ran like crap. Same thing with Doom III. I think the FX5200 was a shot job of a card to get people interested in the FX series cards. Everyone saw the "128MB" of Ram and instantly thought it was the best I think.

Sad thing is mine is the 64MB version and out performs the 128MB FX5200. Who knows maybe I have a different chipset or a Pro chip. As far as I can tell it's just a standard Non Pro Built By ATI. Radeon 9000 64MBDDR. :railgun:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.