Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
|> |_ /\ |\| |
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this thread will probably be buried under loads of spam.
But I had to try.

I'm writing this stuff for my MAX project.
I need some suggestions as I'm almost noob at this. :/

G - Good guy
B - Bad guy

So, the story (or storyboard ?) is like this:

B is walking down the street, killing people with his index finger (*I'm not sure about the way he is killing people. A beam would be good, but I want to show that he was searching for a special power which is inside any one of the people.*).

Now he says, "2 to go. I can't believe one of these is a ..(B smiles)." (*Any better dialogue here ?*).

He raises his hand once again, but it was stopped by someone (G).

G's punch makes B eat dirt.

B adjusts his jaw a bit, (a little introduction in this scene) (*I have no idea about any of their names, or the way of introduction. :/ *)

The fight begins. Both exchange punches and kicks.

G realizes that his attacks are not much effective.

B knocks him down. He raises his finger for firing the beam.

G takes out his sword in attempt to slice him down.

B didn't expected that. He moved but couldn't dodge totally and the sword cuts off B's powerful finger.

B cries out loud. He raises his fist, but then his boss' telepathy message arrives, "It's no mistake that he's him. Don't make me wait. You know the consequences."

B says,"Yes .. my lord."

B touches the ground with both hands, and a strange aura surrounds them. G says, "What the ?" and becomes unconscious.

To be continued..

·
Registered Anime Hater
15,801 Posts
lol V1ncent, if you wanna keep it serious, then have this moved to the OD. I can bet you a 1000 bucks it'll never stay on-topic and serious in the bin!

·
Registered Anime Hater
15,801 Posts
It might work out in the beginning, but as the thread would go beyond 30 or 40 posts, I can guarantee you we will stray faaaar off-topic! :p

Wanna bet? :D

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
serious threads go in serious places, you will get more intelligent responses there anyway.

no more spam posts in here guys, mmmkay?

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
9,320 Posts
Thanks for the serious posts. I'm too delighted. :rolleyes:

Can anyone at least suggest names ? Some cool ones ?
well who are your specific target audience? Americans? Indian? The whole english speaking world? What time period is it in?

Do you want the main character to be or a certain ethnicity?

Shadow? Xannax? Maximilian?

Having the main character be something like a Lord, or a ninja or a King/prince in exile, or the product(creation) of a governement or mad scientist's science experiment, or an alien who's endeared himself to the human population or a mysterious warrior with a mysterious past all are things that could be chosen to make your main character far more appealing and could be used to and narrow down on an idea for a name.

First maybe develop who the character is, the world, and the scenario for the story and the conflict and then create a name for your character suits all those things. You wouldn't call an american kid born in california who was chosen by the shaolin monks to pass their secret fighting skills to Maximilian III, but you might call a prince in exile in a pseudo medieval world (ala dbz) Prince Maximillian III (often referred to as Max by his companions (so you can fit it in the little dialogue bubbles and so the reader doesn't have to constantly read this long ass name)) Also so you can emphasize the dramaticness of a given situation by having for instance the bad guy use his full name, whereas his companion girlfriend refers to him as Max or M for endearment.

haha nice one bobsy.

·
|> |_ /\ |\| |
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Hehe, thanks a bunch there. :)

Target Audience : The whole English speaking world. (However, there shouldn't be much conversations in this story.)
Time Period: Present
Ethnicity: Not sure about that now, but all are white (except the Evil lord who is just flame) and G and his little brother belong to a normal city.
I want three normal type of names (but uncommon, example: Evan), and a name for an evil lord with Godly strength.

The first phase of the story takes place in a typical small city.
Second phase would be at a Mountain-top.

Thanks all and take yer time. ^^

·
Here... take my hand
1,076 Posts

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.