Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got back from the movies (which i havent been to in quite a while) and gotta say, not just because i'm a fan "firefly" (a short lived tv show on fox that serenity is based off of) i really think this may be one of the best sci-fi films i've seen in an EXTREMELY long time. constant action, story that not only finishes off what they didnt get to finish in firefly, but does so while still allowing new people to watch it and understand whats going on. Damn Funny, Damn Action-Packed, Damn Awesome. Definately worth going to see if you in any way interested in sci-fi films, but if you've seen firefly, it will probably have more of an impact on you, but 2 people went with me that have never seen it and loved the movie. Love some more opinions.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
really cool im gonna go see it soon. i liked firefly (space cowboys that are funny!) and i want to go see this movie.

·
Registered
184 Posts
It's a really great show. I still don't understand why it didn't make it on tv. I know there was next to no marketing 'cause I had never heard of it before. A girl I was dating last year let me borrow it for a while. She also told me they were making a movie out of it. I'm glad it's finally out, I was wondering how well it would do.

Looks like I'm going to have to see it also.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
om3gablue said:
It's a really great show. I still don't understand why it didn't make it on tv. I know there was next to no marketing 'cause I had never heard of it before. A girl I was dating last year let me borrow it for a while. She also told me they were making a movie out of it. I'm glad it's finally out, I was wondering how well it would do.

Looks like I'm going to have to see it also.
they cancelled it because fox aired the episodes out of order, and in a bad time slot...so it didn't get the attention it very well deserved. buying the $30 dvd set and watching them in order helps you get into the show much more than jumbling them up as many episodes have to do with other's that hadn't been shown yet, and the movie was probably the best "season finale" i've ever seen. I hope they bring the show back or continue to make movies, they are both phenomenal peices of work.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
This movie really got me interested. I wonder when it will arrive here in Brazil...

According to Steve Jackson, from SJ Games:

So . . . I made it to a preview of Serenity Wednesday night.

Wow. Great story, great acting, fantastic CGI starships . . . and it works just fine if you didn't see the TV series. Whedon did an excellent job of compressing the backstory into a few minutes.

If you like science fiction cinema . . . you want to see this film. Really.

If it goes well, there will be a sequel or two. And I'm already anticipating the next Serenity movie more than I've hoped for any sequel since The Empire Strikes Back.

Is that definite enough for you? Go see it.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea, if you've seen the show you have alot more invested in the characters development than you do if you just see the movie though. It's like going to see the x-files movie or a star trek film without previous knowledge of the characters backgrounds and relationships to eachother, sure they'll briefly explain it, but the reaction to the film is bound to be vastly different.

the movie is probably 10x better if you see the show, but i can't imagine it being a waste of money elsewise...and if anything, the movie may just get you more interested in the show. DVD's are only like $30now on amazon.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
great movie. really brought things together. I was only disappointed with what happened to... well id say in spoilers but i dont know how. overall great movie to bad the series dvd is sold out. :(

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Jeff Allbright, from ExI-Chat commented on the movie as below:

"I saw the movie last night, and while I found it very entertaining, mainly
due to its frequent comedy, my take-home thought was what a subtle and
effective job it did of planting the anti-improvement meme. The message was
pervasive, but would slip in under the conscious radar of most viewers."

Hmm, now that's a negative point for someone with transhumanistic identification. Of course, it can't be worse than The Island (which sucks way too much). I'll give it a try, nonetheless, even it's just to criticize the retrofuturism.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.