Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone. Is there a tool able of converting a normal DC Image (Such as a cdi) into a selfbooting image? All the tools I've seen till now (Such as selfboot inducer) are only able to BURN a Selfbooting disk. Why do you have to burn it? Is't there a way of patching a certain image directly and simply? oO

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
use Fastboot, which doesnt use the CD-burner, you just need to:

1. mount the image (on daemon is better)
2. copy the CD content to "fastboot\Data" folder
3. copy 1st_read.bin and ip.bin from "fastboot\data" folder to "fastboot\" folder (if there is no ip.bin there is no prob)
4. run binhack with setings
4.1 binary file = 1st_read.bin
4.2 bootsector = ip.bin
4.3 msinfo = 0,0
5. after binhack copy 1st_read.bin and ip.bin to data folder again
6. run b2b_game.bat

it will create a file named image.cdi which will be self-bootable and tehre u go

Fastboot program

·
Registered
15 Posts
What about games that don't contain an IP.BIN file? Should I just use the one that comes with the FastBoot tools?

·
5,797 Posts
yes, also everytime you dont have an IP.bin file BINHACK will create one, and if your IP.bin is different size than normal it will change it for a good one.

R

·
0 Posts
question

does the image have to be named 1st_read.bin or it can be named anything like image.bin?

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
I don't recommend messing with the names of files. It could cause errors in file referrences (if it used LBA positions it would be a different story).

·
Registered
15 Posts
I tried this with Shenmue I and it worked fine. However Shenmeu II is a no go. I tried the values 0, 11700, and 11702 for msinfo. Is there something different about this game that makes this not work?

·
5,797 Posts
RIVAL FORCE said:
does the image have to be named 1st_read.bin or it can be named anything like image.bin?
you dont have to change name for nothing, when u copy the content of the CD image to the data folder there will be a 1ST_READ.BIN file (on some uncomoon cases it will be another name) that file u need to copy to the fastboot folder and run binhack on, after the process is done sure u can rename the image.cdi to whatever u want to

·
5,797 Posts
use daemon tools 3.29 for those or activate all the emulation options on 3.46

·
Registered
128 Posts
A question ; if the game have audio tracks beside that data track ; how can i place those audio tracks beside data tracks in the data folder and use bin2boot to create audio/data track cdi image ?

Edit :

if it is not possible to create audio/data cd image ; then if i ignored those audio tracks related to game is the game will works correctly without those audio tracks ?

·
5,797 Posts
yes it will run correctly without the audiotracks

·
Registered
128 Posts
I heard there is a version of dc selfboot ( i think v2.0 and that new called v3.0 patch) that is able to create cd image with audio tracks ; is that right

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
For those people who has problems with io error using Daemon tool 3.46, you can also try using Alcohol virtual CD. I tried it and it works for me. :) No errors at all.

·
Registered
128 Posts
OK ; But a last question Please :) ; if the game is already bootable and works great on chanka ; can i make a cdi image using bin2boot ? how can i do this ? i tried "bin2boot /nohack " but it doesn,t work and reach the sega logo and nothing after that ; but from my cd it works great oO

Edit :

i didn,t use binhack cause i know that 1st_read.bin is already bootable

·
5,797 Posts
what do u mean? why would you use bin2iso if it already works?

·
Registered
128 Posts
i just want to know if it is possible to use bin2boot in this case ; i know i can use some tools like alcohol to make an image from cd and it works but can i do this using bin2boot too ?

Edit :

I ask this question cause i have working game that have audio tracks and when try to create cd image then can,t ripp 2 tracks from theim and can,t create the image ; so i want to take data track alone and create an image using bin2boot; that it is :)

·
5,797 Posts
ok i said this on another thread so ill just quote it :p

* Lady said:
ok this is funny, installing and using daemon tools 3.46 let open the cd on windows, but chankast will give a ioControl error, now installing and using daemon tools 3.44 wont let open the cd on windows but chankast will be able to run it :p

fun huh? :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Soul Calibur 2 doesnt contain 1st_read.bin

I have a CDROM Soul Calibur 2 that need utopia boot cd to run in my old dreamcast. i want to play it with chankast. i read a lot of sites(including instructions in this forum) on how to make boot CD of games to run properly with chankast, beacause, at this moment, chankast doesnt support changing the cd, invaliding the function of utopia boot cd.
my problem arise when i try to make a booteable image of my soul calibur 2 game, that this game doesnt contain ip.bin nor 1st_read.bin. my question is: is there a 1st_read.bin for each game or is a generic one that i need it? idem with ip.bin.

thanks in advance

1 - 20 of 56 Posts