Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are sum really good ones, i beat lunar 1 and 2.
what are sum other ones good to play?rpg wise.

ps. SEGA CD OWNZ!

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,357 Posts
Sonic CD ( yes, it aint an RPG, but it still kicks @ss :D)! and if you have no problem playing JAP games, try Captain Tsubasa and Record of Lodoss Wars ^_^

Yours,
-Elly

·
I've Changed
298 Posts
You've played both Lunar's so you already know how great they are. But as for others, I can also side w/those who recommend Vay (very very good RPG) and Sonic CD (not an RPG but, simply, an awesome game). Good luck finding them though. I am fortunate enough to have Lunar, Vay, and Sonic CD, originals all, in my possesion.
sx/amiga

·
Emunext fanboy
4,241 Posts
I haven't played much Sega CD games (Mega CD as named by others)

But I've played Sonic CD , Which is really good (I was never a fan of Sonic games) , and it has a nice anime cutscene at the satrt (maybe there is more , but i've never finished it) .
Snatcher is ok too ;)
And after that there are good ports , like Final Fight CD , Fatal Fury Special , Samurai Showdown and Mortal Kombat CD .

For RPG games , I can't recommend you anything other than Lunar games , but you've already played them ^^

·
Emu Author
613 Posts
sonic cd was one of my favorite sega cd games, but there was one i played that i forgot the name of but you went through a human body in a tiny ship i guess trying to cure the person of a bad illness or something, if anyone has any clue what i am talking about and may know the name of the game please tell me :) .

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
I'm guessing you are talking about Microcosm, though in all honesty I never enjoyed those kind of games... I can't really recommend much as pretty much the best titles already have been mentioned.

If it's not about RPG titles then I can name a few... If you enjoy interactive adventures (kinda like Myst though not so long and tiring) I suggest that you try Mansion of the Hidden Souls and Jurassic Park (this one is not so good but... it may entertain you for a while). Lastly, you will do well to try Thunderstrike and Soul Star too... bloody great shooters/sims (I really can't say which of the two genres come above the other... nevertheless great games).

·
Registered
793 Posts
Another Game that IMHO great for the Sega CD is "The Terminator". I know that most Terminator games are know to be full of crap, but this one for the Sega CD is a Gem. Exellent Soundtrack, lots of new and improved levels, theres even FMV cut scenes from the movie.

An RPG, well if you can find a list of RPGs for Sega CD on gamefaqs.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/segacd/index.html
Remember its not a compete list.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Snatcher is a MUST...
it has such an old engine, but I was absolutely surprised how immersive it was anyway... a true gem, i hope kojima picks up this series again some day like he did with metal gear.

·
Registered
10,606 Posts
I like Eternal Champions, Popful Mail, Pitfall, Final Fight, Sonic CD, Silpheed, Stellar Fire, Night Trap *J/K*, I'm sure there are others I'm not thinking about

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Actually games like Sewer Shark, Night Trap and Tomcat Alley dug the SegaCD's grave... I hated those film-interactive games...

·
Registered
10,606 Posts
Kaiser Sigma said:
Actually games like Sewer Shark, Night Trap and Tomcat Alley dug the SegaCD's grave... I hated those film-interactive games...
Don't you remember the congressional hearings on video game violence? :???: All those 'kiddies' wanting to Night Trap? How Sega 'invented' violent gun games with the blue "Justifier" game gun and how playing Lethal Enforcers I & II could make you a marksman? :eyemove: Yeah, I'd be a great marksman and single handedly take out the Middle Eastern Terrorists thanks to my 'death simulator' experience! :heh: I'm sure Osama Bin Lauden is shaking in fear of my mad shooting skills! :rotflmao:

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
I was talking in term that the utter boredom those games carried killed the Sega CD as well as the other Digital Systems (like the 3DO and CD-I)... the SegaCD was born on a period where Digital gaming was for some stupid reason synonym with "interactive movies"... more games like Lunar, Snatcher, Thunderstrike and Sonic CD would have made miracles with the system.

·
I've Changed
298 Posts
Sega CD = USA. Mega CD = Britian and Europe. Mega Drive = Japan. Those are the designations for the Sega CD unit. AFIK, the Genesis was called the Genesis everywhere.
sx/amiga

1 - 20 of 23 Posts