Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm Stratocaster and I'm a semi-competitive gamer of Super Smash Bros. Melee. For a while now there has been a half-finished project that will display every attack from the game frame-by-frame, and show the hitboxes of the attack. These hitboxes are only visible by using debug mode. This project has been abandoned by the original maker and I want to finish it. To do this I want to use the Dolphin emulator to run SSBM and use debug mode, then take the screen shots frame-by-frame. Most revisions don't work on my computer but I have 2 revisions that will, Revision 1122 and Revision 1189. SSBM runs pretty good on my computer, but I only have 1 gb of ram, and some revisions fail to work because they "fail to grab 1gb of contiguous memory", and my problem is, when I activate codes, it has the same error "failed to grab 1gb of contiguous memory". All I need is one cheat code to work, debug mode, but it won't work, its just 2 lines of code, how could it possibly take that much more memory? I've tried lots of revisions but hardly any seem to work... help?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Moar ram.

Jk, jk, I have no idea besides trying more revisions. Can you tell us a little more about your setup?

It's nice to hear about someone using dolphin for something that is actually potentially useful. This is what emulation is all about, baby!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My setup:
Windows XP
CPU 3.00 Ghz (single core)
1 GB RAM
NVidia graphics card, not sure which version but nothing special
anything else useful to know?

I REALLY want to avoid messing with the computer. I'm 17 and I don't have my own computer yet, so I have to use my parents and I don't want to mess with it, nor do I want to try to convince them to let me or explain why. The emulator can run up to 30fps in game on Melee, and all I want it to do is go at least 10 fps in game with 1 code, maybe 2 because theres one thats supposed to keep the game from crashing. I've even tried decompiling the codes and hex editing the code directly into the game, but I couldn't figure out how. Soo... any ideas??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts