Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, After having bought the game "Burnout Paradise - Ultimate Box" and installed it, our dear FolderX2 has found her computer to be crashing like crazy.

Unfortunately, this Game is infected with the Securom 7 MALWARE/VIRUS.
Removal instructions can be found @ "SecuROM Removal Tutorial" Revised

SecuRom Be Gone
automated tool to remove the null keys that poor Aya had problems removing :(
http://www.the-prism.com/index.php?topic=2336.0

And guys, don't take risks with your Windows Installs.. Crack this pos first.

Prevent Infections of this malicious software by running the Disk against Burnout 1.01
https://sourceforge.net/projects/burnout/

·
Registered
85 Posts
Steam's brand of DRM is the only kind I'll tolerate. Sucks that so many good PC games get screwed over by other forms of DRM.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Updated Original post with Additional removal instructions

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Does this also work on the Masseffect securom???

I borrowed the game to my friend as I didn't know about it back then, and have installed it once on my rig so I'd really like to get rid of it as I have only one install left...:( And I'm not too keen on calling the fools and making a report why I should have more installs!:mad: I bought the f****g game a**holes!:angry:

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Funny using BurnOut (software) to crack BurnOut (game)... :rotflmao:

That aside, this is quite troublesome... and I'm sure it has more to do with Electronic Arts than Criterion Games. Maybe try the download version instead?

P.S.: doing a google search turned up some shocking numbers: 1.7 million estimated pirate downloads of Spore, EA's latest game, was reported. I wouldn't be surprised if SecuROM 8 ****s up your Windows install intentionally, formats your entire hard drive but leaves a copy of itself there, makes you reinstall your computer and of course, inside the SecuROM 8 hypervisor this time.

...this is getting ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
... this is getting beond a joke now. seriosly wtf is ea thinking, i dread to think what the next version of SecuROM is going to do. this is just providing another reason for people to pirate games.

and a peaceful solution, yeh like thats going to happen with ea.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
... this is getting beond a joke now. seriosly wtf is ea thinking, i dread to think what the next version of SecuROM is going to do. this is just providing another reason for people to pirate games.
And people pirating games will give them an excuse to use even more annoying forms of protection

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
And people pirating games will give them an excuse to use even more annoying forms of protection
and these more annoying forms of protection will provide people an excuse to do more piracy, see vicous cycle.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does this also work on the Masseffect securom???

I borrowed the game to my friend as I didn't know about it back then, and have installed it once on my rig so I'd really like to get rid of it as I have only one install left...:( And I'm not too keen on calling the fools and making a report why I should have more installs!:mad: I bought the f****g game a**holes!:angry:

It works on all versions, me and FolderX2 worked together and sucessfully got all of it off her system, including the Nullregkey, which imo, EA and Securom are voiding our consumer rights by creating a reg key which can't be killed with the uninstall tool.

Her system stopped crashing after removing Secur****7 and using a no-cd.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
It works on all versions, me and FolderX2 worked together and sucessfully got all of it off her system, including the Nullregkey, which imo, EA and Securom are voiding our consumer rights by creating a reg key which can't be killed with the uninstall tool.

Her system stopped crashing after removing Secur****7 and using a no-cd.
Anything being installed on a person's PC without notification is illegal. Last time I checked with my games I just got a notification of installing a game, without the mention of malware, which makes the securom stuff illegal. This is definitely the case when it's not even mentioned before having purchased the game, which also lead me to buying less games since an impulse purchase is usually a wrong one since I can't know what protection it has.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We have a lawyer here, lets start a chain reaction of law suites xD

·
Registered
10,535 Posts
I purchased Sins of a Solar Empire and while it has online registration, which I hate, at least it isn't Securerom, Starforce, or some other nasty protection scheme.

I only needed to register to get patches.

Still I won't buy limited install games, Starforce if I can't patch it, or similar crap, but I don't pirate the junk either.

I do patch stuff I buy and if that makes me a pirate, so be it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts