Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Elven-Dragon Mage
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i figured out why my windows xp was so slow it was comodo security suite with just anti-virus and firewall that was slowing it way down. go figure i had no problems up until late September go figure. anyone recommend any thing to replace it with cause right now all ive got is windows firewall on and no anti-virus.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
o_O

Come to think of it, i've seen several sites advising to remove comodo as its filter driver screws with drive performance.

Just install security essentials on there, your modem/router will be sufficient to prevent hacking in most cases.

·
Elven-Dragon Mage
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
oh and my windows 7 install is hosed right now so i dicided to see if i couldnt get xp running i was running combofix in xp safe mode and it had me restart so i did into normal mode and got the task manager open and say that comodo was taking up all my cpu go figure.

we now have proff that it messes with the hardrives performance by to much and makes the system unusable.

·
Meow Meow Meow
1,401 Posts
That's strange, I found Comodo to be the least CPU intensive compared to Avira or AVG. I did notice it was actively scanning torrent pieces as they downloaded which caused additional disk write hits, but adding the torrent client to the exception list did the job. Are you sure you didn't set the defense level to paranoid mode or something?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Then you suck at monitoring the in and out connections on your computer :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.