Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today London is in panic as terroritsts try to to attack in a similar fashion as in the July 7 attacks luckly the bombs failed to explode with only the detonators going off resulting only in injuries but no deaths.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1533978,00.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/attackonlondon/story/0,16132,1533382,00.html

The only way to deal with these religious fanatics is to lock them for life and when appropiate kill them. These fanatics are nothing but barbarians that threaten the fabrics of western life. No negotiations can be done with them, no appeasement is possible, they have a lack of morality and civility, their only aim of them is killing. My thoughts goes out to the brave people of London. I hope you find the strenght and firmness needed to deal appropiately with these most awful situation you are facing.

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Locking them up and killing them will only make more of them, you may want to sew doubt about thier cause into them and graduaily wear thier faith down until they feel that it's not right to do that, besides how are you going to tell if someone is just religious or a misguided zelot suicide bomber until he blows himself up and denies you the ablity to take them alive and interrogate them?

·
General of Tangerines
3,934 Posts
Looks like the war on terror has shifted to the U.K.

If this happens enough the U.K. will look like Iraq.

The only way to deal with these religious fanatics is to lock them for life and when appropiate kill them. These fanatics are nothing but barbarians that threaten the fabrics of western life. No negotiations can be done with them, no appeasement is possible, they have a lack of morality and civility, their only aim of them is killing. My thoughts goes out to the brave people of London. I hope you find the strenght and firmness needed to deal appropiately with these most awful situation you are facing.
Killing and imprisonment is what is makng more of them in the first place. This is like taking a hammer and trying to kill ants. You many kill some of them but you won't kill all of them.

I'm suprised nobody as asked why they are killing in the first place.

·
Transcended
1,416 Posts
RZetlin said:
I'm suprised nobody as asked why they are killing in the first place.
Lucky lucky lucky... thank whatever divine intervention there was.

It's a so-called war against their oppressors. *Shrug* It's quite justifiable in their twisted fanaticism. To tell you the truth, I have no idea anymore how to deal with them. Diplomacy apparently doesn't work. Violence can only work if you can purge them completely.

·
Transcended
1,416 Posts
Player-X said:
You can't reason with someone who has lost all his sense of reason

Completely as in everyone on earth? that might work but that's kind of counter productive
I meant everyone involved in it. Crush all the head, saplings and seeds. But that's too difficult. We don't know if by doing so we don't sow more seeds anyway.

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
I meant everyone involved in it. Crush all the head, saplings and seeds. But that's too difficult. We don't know if by doing so we don't sow more seeds anyway.
If you want to do it that way first kill all the terrorists then every muslims then anyone who may want to protest the genocide that follows after that you must kill the people who lost loved ones and friends due to that and thier loved ones until it leads to everyone on earth, so I would have to agree with you

·
Terminal Dogma
256 Posts
does anyone think it was strange that there was 4 devices and all the detonators failed to set off the explosives, they will be the laughing stock of the suicide community

·
Registered
774 Posts
The sad part is, there's really nothing that can be done to prevent this sort of attack. There's no way to catch everyone on the planet with the desire to commit these attacks, there's no way to moniter everyone on the planet so you can see attacks coming, and by the time you notice what they're doing it's too late. This is one of the reasons I'm against organized religeon. Only something that causes humans to believe in what can't be proved could convince them to kill others in a suicide attack for... well, whatever damn reason they're being told is worth dying for. I really wish I knew a good way to prevent this type of thing, but as far as I can see the only options we have are giving up our personal freedems until we don't have anything left worth protecting just to keep ourselves safe, or accepting that a cetain amount of terrorist attacks are inevitable. At least we can say that this is nothing compared to what they have to deal with in a place like Isreal.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I dont see how talking to them could help.
I mean, the EU and US have been trying to do that
for so long already ... before any of us where even here.
Never mind what the reason for terror was.
And remembering to ask the reason for their attacks now,
is a little naive.
Those terrorists understand only power.
Talking to them has proven worthless.
I really have no idea how it is possible to stop them,
but IMO letting them kill innocent citizens
and the government suggesting having tea with them after that... isnt the right answer.

-VRiD

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
You have to stop this problem at the source... unfortunately the most obvious source is the religion itself... and oppressing that would probably make it worse :p.

There's probably a ring-leader somewhere, but again its hard to know.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Possible suicide bomber killed today.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2005-07-22-london_x.htm?POE=NEWISVA

Dogmaan said:
does anyone think it was strange that there was 4 devices and all the detonators failed to set off the explosives
According to various sources the explosives were more sophisticated therefore more complicated to make than the ones used in the July 7 attacks.

Whats the source of modern terrorism? In my opinion is a several things combine. Is not poverty. There is immense poverty in subsahara africa, south america, and central america but you do not see this type of terrorism. Those who carry out the 9/11 attacks were from saudi arabia and they are not poor. Is not suppression. If there is a group that has being suppresed is native americans (aztecs, incas, numerous tribes of north america) 95 percent were killed and their land taken away but they do not engage in terrorism. African Americans who were slaves in America never carry out suicide bombings. Is not religion. A good vast of the humans are deeply religious but they do not carry out suicide bombers. I think no one really knows what causes terrrorism. I just think terrorist are mess up in the brain.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Actually, I think religeon is a very reasonable explanation. It has been responsible for many acts of senseless violence in the past (the crusades, spanish inquisition, ect.), so I think this is just a new chapter in a continuing saga. And incedentally, don't make assumptions about how messed up terrorists are. A lot of "normal" people could become that messed up with the proper motivation and/or a little brainwashing. More than anything else, I think the reason these terrorists exist is because they were drawn into it at a young age when there minds were most impressionable. People form their most basic beliefs about the world around that time, and they don't neccisarily have to make sense to be believable. If you raise a person beliving that if he bombs a building full of infadels he gets a free ticket into heaven, odds are that's what he'll believe.

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Religion can cause violence or stop it depending on it's interpretation, besides they some people ignore certain parts and preach other parts like in this case ignoring the no killing non-combatants, no suicide, and no destroying holy places rules blatantly.
Every piece of religious text from any religion assuming that they have written text can be interpreted both ways

1 - 17 of 17 Posts