Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The 7th Key
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, i've searched this forum and google for solutions, but have not yet to come across any. I just reinstalled Windows and now, PCSX2 doesn't want to run anymore (at least not the VM version). Whenever I try to run it, it says "PCSX2 just changed your SE_LOCK_MEMORY privilege in order to gain access to physical memory. Log off/on and run PCSX2 again. Do you want to log off?"

I click yes and it logs off. But when I log back on, still has the same message.

And yes, I have WINXP PRO SP2, so thats not the prob.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

(My sys specs are below; I have 2GB of ram, and this shouldn't be a problem. It ran fine with my previous OS which was the same thing.)

Edit: When I click no, the PS2 OUTPUT screen says:
"Cannot allocate physical pages, error 1314.
MapUserPhysicalPages failed to unmap, error 87.
MapUserPhysicalPages failed to unmap, error 87."

·
The 7th Key
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, i also tried disabling ZA security suite. Still does not work. I also have spybot installed, but it wasn't enabled ATM. (No teatimer), still no luck. Anyway of manually entering it in?

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
try unloading as many background services as you can completely (use end task if you have to) anything that isnt vital like virus scanners, firewalls, quick launchers, hw monitoring, nvidia/ati desktop managers, anything like that.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I highly doubt he has too much loaded into memory - he's got 2 GB. you should be able to see... go to task manager (ctrl-alt-del) and go to performance. Does your PF look full? also look in "physical memory (K)" and it'll say total, available...

I found a thread where zerofrog posted a file that would do this manually, it's here attached...

·
The 7th Key
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have 1.4GB of free physical memory, so that ain't the prob, at least i dont think so. Even though i dunno much about PCSX2, I know that 2GB is more than enough to run it.

I think I may have found the cause though. When I log off, I log off "too fast" if u know what I mean. I mean, all my programs shut down in 3 secs (and are forced to even when not responding)... I remember I changed some setting in the registry to do this, i just gotta dig it up again... -_-

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
if disabling UAC or giving yourself full admin permissions does not work

then it is likely the above key is not available on Vista Home....

i remember issues occuring with XP Home...

·
The 7th Key
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok, i've still not got it working... I looked at the system events and I saw this:

"Windows saved user DJROADKILL\DJRoadkill registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account."

does that have something to do with this issue?

·
The 7th Key
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hollyyyy... ****t, i just found the problem.. I'm so stupid, i should have searched the forum more. I found a topic on how to fix PCSX2 VM version issues, and one of the solutions helped me solve my issue...
http://forums.ngemu.com/pcsx2-official-forum/82101-vm-version-research-why-not-working.html

Apparently, my "Lock Pages in memory" registry setting WAS set correctly, but not when I ran PCSX2. Before I installed PCSX2, I changed users... my old username was in chinese, and therefore, the registry setting was set IN CHINESE! Go figure. When I checked the "Lock Pages in memory", it was set to allow my OLD chinese named account, not my new one :| Go figure....

Anyways, thanks for the help guys :D Time to get benchmarking XD

Playing PCSX2 at faster than full speeds on my CPU XD :D:D:D:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.