Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SD support in Dolphin completed!

There is a preliminary SD support in the latest SVN of Dolphin. It is being written by Shuffle2, Currently it's only works in homebrew applications....doesn't work in nintendo apps yet as it requires some encryption and decryption.

Update: you no longer need to manually create a sd image. if dolphin couldnt find any sd image, it will auto create a 128MB SD image for you. If u need to create custom size SD image, use mksdcard attached below...

Update 2: The SD support in dolphin is completed! it is fully working on homebrew and nintendo apps

Here's how to use it...

1st, you need to create a sdcard image file, we'll use mksdcard
mksdcard tool

The mksdcard tool lets you quickly create a FAT32 disk image that you can load in the emulator, to simulate the presence of an SD card in the device. Here is the usage for mksdcard:

mksdcard [-l label] <size>[K|M] <file>

eg. mksdcard -l SDcard 1024M sd.raw

the above creates a 1GB SD Card Image

copy the image to the root directory of dolphin.

To add files to the image, you can use winimage or mtools or other similar tools. eg. add emu roms, homebrew apps, etc...

the screen shot below shows a n64 emu running and loading roms from SD image and homebrew channel

Running WiiEngine and load ROMs from the SD image

Photo channel

you can download mksdcard here

·
Registered
12 Posts
I made a sd.raw file in the Dolphin.exe root directory, I edited it with WinImage and I added an emulator but I don't know how to load the SD card from Dolphin. How can I do it? I don't see any SD option to load. I need to use genplus-gx in dolphin because it have perfect Menacer emulation using wiimote. I want to try to emulate wiimote with RF TopGun lightun for PC (simulating a mouse) using genesis emulator in dolphin. In Wii the emulator works perfect with MENACER emulation using wiimote but i'd like to try using RF TopGun but I can't use genplus-gx in dolphin.

Can you make a tutorial of How to use homebrew in Dolphin, Please?

Thanks.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Any idea if in the future it'd be possible to just use a folder and its contents as an SD card?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just to ask, i have an extact replica of my Wii file system to run with Dolphin and when using the SD Card menu it comes up with ? Channels.

What is up with that? I know the Wii Menu is not fully Emulated, but does it work with SSBB?

Edit: Just tested it, and custom stages stored on the SD Card Image do not appear. :(

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just to ask, i have an extact replica of my Wii file system to run with Dolphin and when using the SD Card menu it comes up with ? Channels.

What is up with that? I know the Wii Menu is not fully Emulated, but does it work with SSBB?

Edit: Just tested it, and custom stages stored on the SD Card Image do not appear. :(
well, i haven't tried SSBB, but according to shuffle2, it works in SSBB....

·
Registered
102 Posts
The sd card does work/show in brawl. Although, i have 4 Custom Stages on it and they don't show.... it just comes up blank. :(

Also, certain apps/emulator wads come up with "IOCTL_ES_LAUNCH" warnings... is this something to be worried about at all? As it says something about "this means that Dolphin tries to relaunch the WiiMenu orlaunches code from the an URL. Both won't work and dolphin will prolly hang..." Afterwards, nothing happens... :(

Edit: Another thing to add, i have attached screenshots related to the ? Channel problem in the SD Card Menu.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I don't know how you're transferring the files and testing it, but I tried transferring battle recordings to and from the sd card, and watching them from the sd card, and it worked fine.

as for es_launch, yea...it's not implemented. maybe sometime, dunno

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm using WinImage (unregistered) to manage my sd card image, and it's 3 not 4 custom stages.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Here is one of my custom stages for you to test. :)

Please, let me know what happens. Thanks...

Edit: Free free to use this, if you need an easy way to get CDs and stickers. Instead of making your own stage. ;)

Created with SSBB Stage Studio

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.