Next Generation Emulation banner

41 - 60 of 134 Posts

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
Good job Dxbx. You're proving kingofc wrong :)

Nice screens :)
Offtopic: Your signature is a bit too big, you might want to resize it to avoid an admin removing it. Check out the forum rules and adjust your sig size accordingly :)

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
ok pure pinbal shows loading screen.. and profile menu..
intro movie only during delphi ide :( damm hate it when you only see stuff when delphi is open... this indicates timing issues..

·
Never give up your dreams
181 Posts
The PAL version of Ultra Bust-A-Move is also working. :) It goes until the loading screen and then crashes... It crashes because the KeSetTimerEx function is not implemented yet... but is already something :D

·
181 Posts
"Psyvariar 2: Extend Edition" is showing the loading screen. The game is running at 1 FPM (Frame Per Minute), really slow... I waited 5 minutes to get the screen... but it's there anyway :)

Perhaps it goes through, but I didn't have patience to wait, after waiting 10 minutes without a new screen... :/

PS: It's really sad and boring when nobody is showing interest in xbox emulation... Shadow_tj and PatrickvL are working hard in Dxbx, and nobody is showing any interest, it's very demotivating...

·
Registered
175 Posts
JoaoHadouken: What kind of interest? That the other devs will join and participated? Or the rest of us who joy with every new screenshot? I'm still in the second group until i master my C++ skills and can be of any use. But i think there are lot of people that are watching the progress of this.

·
181 Posts
Emulatong said:
wait,the Emulator started to load commercial games?
Yes, check out some videos on youtube, this Dxbx version is not available for download yet, because it's from the 0.4 version ;) This new screenshot I have added is from a commercial game also :)

IvicaMarkovic said:
JoaoHadouken: What kind of interest? That the other devs will join and participated? Or the rest of us who joy with every new screenshot? I'm still in the second group until i master my C++ skills and can be of any use. But i think there are lot of people that are watching the progress of this.
The interest I mean is not really other devs join in the project, it's just some words of motivation. You're mastering your skills in C++, right? Probably, in the future, you're going to make a program, or even a emu project... so imagine you're showing a nice progress, trying to keep it up-to-date every week (or even everyday), and nobody says a simple "nice screens" or "nice job, keep working".

It's a bit confused for me, when Dxbx was just showing demos and XDK samples screenshots, somebody was saying things like that, but now... when we discovered that some commercial games are already running on this Delphi emulator (what we thought it was going to make more people interested) nobody says a simple word... I'm not obligating people to reply something, but put themselves in the place of Shadow and Patrick... I have put myself, and I found it really boring :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
Unfortunately, it appears that most of the enthusiasm is directed more towards the latest and greatest wii emulation. Having said that, I for one am always excited to see advancement of xbox emulation. The day I see Jet Set Radio Future playable, I and many others will be jumping for joy. Dont feel disouraged guys. Your work is appreciated.

You guys and Blueshogun should feel proud to be working on and accomplishing something that has never been done before.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi folks, thanks for the appreciation & encouragements, it really does help to keep us motivated.

I must admit that sometimes I feel a bit lonely, as not many people seem to understand the complexity & huge amount of time needed for building this emulator. So when people keep supporting us, like N1ghtjar (dumping lots of XBE's), kingis85 (supplying us with games) and Joao (helping out with testing - and succesfully so!), that's really, really great!!!

But please, all, don't get your hopes up too soon. There's still much work to do, before we can expect to run a single commercial game to a somewhat acceptable stability & performance level.
Showing some loading screens (Myst, Ultra Bust A Move), intro movies (Blade, Dead Or Alive Volleybal) and even menus (Rayman Arena) is really the limit right now. So please, don't bug us with requests for specific games or complaints, as that won't do much good.

However, any help we can get is very much appreciated - especially experienced Delphi coders are welcome, but just having people build our code, review it, suggest a patch here and there, would all help too.

And rest assured, we'll finish this - I've got enough motivation for it on myself, and getting improvements almost ever day only helps us more!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Another step clooser with rayman arena..
we can now get it working up to the level selection screen.

41 - 60 of 134 Posts