Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Made it a sticky post.. to show the screenshots producded by Dxbx.
Removed images that are posted more then once.. removed gamepad image and create device image.

·
Registered
96 Posts
good job and I have a question- is Delphi programming is faster or slower then C++?
will the emulator when it will be on the level of cxbx... will be faster or slower?

thx

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
Fun part is also that some screens can not be produced by cxbx.. so pattern detection is working good :)
Actually, Cxbx can do all that :) Not perfectly since there's an error message that pops up on my build, but you can still play as long as you don't close the error mesage :)

Congrats anyway. Hope to see you with future progress! :)

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok now its a sticky.. dxbx is getting better almost every day.
these are the screenshots produced with dxbx.

·
Registered
423 Posts
A quick note about Shadow_tj's remark that the current screenshots could only be created if you have a debug SDK installed : Since yesterday this is no longer the case!

I normally work on my laptop, on which I haven't installed the debug SDK. I did this on purpose (and thus couldn't see the screens shadow_tj was getting), as a motivation to fix this a.s.a.p - with good results!

Even better yet : Now I can get a few homebrews to run better than _with_ the debug SDK, which is a triumph for me ;)

FYI : The colored triangle vertice, CxbxCubes and GamePad screenshots where taken on my laptop.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Added Vice20X screenshot - yet another emulator running inside our emulator ;)

@Joao : Even though I use an embedded window, I still have a few problems that are holding me back; Pausing and controlling games don't work yet, because the way Delphi handles window messages is quite different from C. Caustic has done a very good job in Cxbx actually, and it's not easy to transfer that to Delphi.

There's one demo (Cubes) that reacts to mouse-movements, but any other input is not ending up inside the emulator. We've got a long way to go yet!

·
Registered
423 Posts
'7' and '8' are both from 'CxbxDemo.xbe', '9' is from an XDK sample project called 'Lights' and '10' is from an XDK sample project called 'Vertices'.
I don't remember where I found them, they are different from the actual XDK samples, as the 'Lights' sample I've seen code the of, uses a yellow surface... Can't tell you much else, really.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts