Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to put in a request for some nice screenshots that show the GeForce 2 MX 400 64Mb DDR RAM (ideally, but any geforce 2 mx will do) at its peak in Playstation emulation. Any screenshots for other systems will do (n64 etc.), and also, some pc games that look best on that card.

Any shots will be much appreciated, thx :emb:

·
8+ Years
2,800 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
If quality does matter to you that much I say buy a Radeon. Man oh man. Those cards have sweet ass quality. 3DFX cards too but bah 3DFX is dead.

Man I have never seen Quake III look so beautiful like I saw it on the Radeon at 1600x1200, everything maxed and full FSAA. The 2D on the Radeon cards is amazing too.

Quality = Radeon, mmmm Voodoo5
Speed = NVdia crads of course and quality is pretty sweet.

Note all Geforce cards have pretty much the same image quality. I'm not sure about the Geforce 3 but I belive it must be about the same quality as a geforce2

now all I care about is speed!!!. This damn emulators need a lot of power if you wanna play with everything maxed out. So my choice looks like it will always be Nvidia.

Quality on Nvidia cards is amazing too is just not as good as the Radeon or Voodoo 5 but hell of a lot faster.

·
8+ Years
2,800 Posts
Here is geforce 2 mx 400.

·
8+ Years
2,800 Posts
Here is Voodoo 5
My choice is Raedon. I dont like nVidia cards because of my past experiences. NVIDIA suck all the way. I dont care about geforce 3 and the upcoming geforce 4. I rather get a ATI raedon 8500. :) Performance and quality on my voodoo 5 was better then geforce 2 mx 400.

·
8+ Years
2,800 Posts
You cant see much difference but the SOUND didnt lag when I used voodoo 5. But the sound slows down on geforce 2 mx 400. Only voodoo 5 has glide so its better. :)

·
Registered
646 Posts
NVidia does not suck all the way...

Hell my Geforce1 DDR was faster than my friends Radeons and than the Geforce 2 MX. The only thing about NVidia cards is that the image is not as beautiful as it is in the V5 or the Radeon cards.

And also if you really want to apreciate the great image quality you have to max out your settings and that will make your games run like crap unless you have the Radeon 8500.

On the other hand if you have a Geforce 2 GTS or better you can max out the settings on most games and still get good framerate.

Don't go crazy on 4X FSAA though. That's a fps killer.

Man I rather pay the big bucks for a Geforce3 than any other video card right now. But the coming up Geforce4 I think will be worth the wait :) so I better wait.

Speed is what this is all about and like I say the image quality is not that bad at all. Check the screenshot of that Geforce 2 MX. Specially if all settings are maxed out and 4x FSAA is on :)

Another thing. ATI has suck in drivers support. Lots and lots of people have complained about many games looking like crap or not working properly due to poor driver support. Don't know about 3DFX but what the hell 3DFX is dead anyways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.