Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Hehe, DreamSnes is nice :)

You should try to play Donkey Kong Country, cause that game runs almost full-speed with transparencies and sound :D

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
There's another SNES emulator which is based on some of the SuperH assembly routines from DreamSNES. Looks promising.

·
Ocean Soul
1,420 Posts
I don't know if this is a good question or not, but do you think full speed will ever be possible with the DC? It runs nice now, but yeah, just wondering...

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Possible, yes.

Likely, maybe. Super Famicast is promising and still in development, while DreamSNES is apperently on hold/canceled... :(

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Yes, I think it is possible, the already achieved full speed on Killer Instinct with sound, which is one of the best looking games. Though some games are harder to process some might not be full speed. I think it will depend on the coders, more than on the hardware.

Small note: The first game is Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island ;) Yoshi's story is a N64 game.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Dreamsnes is very nice, though once superfamicast gets a bit more time it will surpass it. Especially since its open source :p.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Version 2 of Super Famicast is just like DreamSnes, but slower, and that was about half a year ago, when we heard something for the last time. I sure hope Super Famicast doesn't end up like DreamSnes... :(

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Well schrezo is currently working on a new version of nesterDC making it better and all, though he does commit some time to dreamsnes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts