Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just downloaded the newest version of VBA today (I had been using 0.9.1a), and I just found out you can use skins! So I downloaded a couple, but I've got a problem... my settings for 3x size video don't work with any skins! I've got a high resolution screen, so having such a small game screen kind of bugs me. is there any way around it?

[EDIT] Also, are there any skins that use alpha blending? I hate how the edges are aliased on all the ones I've tried.

And one last thing: all my games run much slower, no matter what video settings I use, now. What's with that... shouldn't they run faster, if anything?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Im afraid that if want a bigger screen on the skin mode you need to create one yourself because VBA shows the game on the window size specified on the ini file and if you change it then the skin will look weird also i think that even if you change it it wont work because of the region file that comes with the skin...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, I'm not worried about the skin thing anymore, but the fact that all my games run very slow on the new version. So now I use 1.3.1, which seems mostly the same as my 0.9.1a. But now I can't use skins... or have it automatically load my last state, which was a great feature.

·
Extra Large Member
936 Posts
Many people complained about 1.7.2 being slower than before (although most of that was fixed when it was repacked). How long ago did you download 1.7.2? If it was when it first came out, try downloading it again. If you already have the newer one, try getting 1.7.1.

As for skins, you're limited to whatever size the skin author made the skin for (which is using 1x, sometimes 2x). When you activate a skin, it'll override your size settings. Also, using a skin will slow down the emu some (how much depends on your specs).

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just tried out 1.7.2 for the first time yesterday (downloaded from the official homepage) so I don't think I've got the bad version of it. Also, 1.7.1 seems to be almost as slow, but slightly faster. 1.3.1 still seems like the fastest one so far.

Did the VBA team up the requirements or something? I may not have the best computer (Geforce 2go, 850mHz, 128 MB RAM), but that should be more than enough, right?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Moogleman said:
I just tried out 1.7.2 for the first time yesterday (downloaded from the official homepage) so I don't think I've got the bad version of it. Also, 1.7.1 seems to be almost as slow, but slightly faster. 1.3.1 still seems like the fastest one so far.

Did the VBA team up the requirements or something? I may not have the best computer (Geforce 2go, 850mHz, 128 MB RAM), but that should be more than enough, right?
I think that it is enough because i've a amd-550mHz with 192MB Ram and ati 7500 and the games run with reasonable speed 100~110 only some of the games run slow (pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen for example) but i've always the speed up option active when i play have you tried it?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Coolsboy said:
I think that it is enough because i've a amd-550mHz with 192MB Ram and ati 7500 and the games run with reasonable speed 100~110 only some of the games run slow (pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen for example) but i've always the speed up option active when i play have you tried it?
The game does run faster with that setting, but the framerate is still low.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts