Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a problem where the graphics jitter (or shake) constantly for any game using Dolphin x86, 2648-2666, OpenGL, normal and IL. Even the on-screen FPS counter, gamesave and other Dolphin information jitters.

I have XP-32 and an ATI HD4670 card with latest DirectX and v9.2 graphics drivers. This only happens when I run at higher resolutions (AA on or off) and not when running Dolphin at native resolution. I was having the same problem with 2638.

This problem occurs only in full-screen mode.

·
Mr. Two-Jay
272 Posts
I'm having a problem where the graphics jitter (or shake) constantly for any game using Dolphin x86, 2648-2666, OpenGL, normal and IL. Even the on-screen FPS counter, gamesave and other Dolphin information jitters.

I have XP-32 and an ATI HD4670 card with latest DirectX and v9.2 graphics drivers. This only happens when I run at higher resolutions (AA on or off) and not when running Dolphin at native resolution. I was having the same problem with 2638.

This problem occurs only in full-screen mode.
Wow, no help yet eh?

Anyway I can tell you what the problem is as I had the same issues with my 4870. It's to do with your scaling options in the ATi control panel.

Also, if you are running Windows 7 make sure to download the latest ATi hotfix through the windows update panel, it will be under the optional updates area.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I don't remember whether i had it too with my nVidia card.
it only happens when checking "fullscreen" in OGL settings and does not by using GUI's fullscreen button.
Also, when I set any other fullscreen res in Dolphin than my monitor's res, well the fullscreen isn't fullscreen... it sets the resolution, but there's an offset, does it happen for you ?

·
Mr. Two-Jay
272 Posts
I don't remember whether i had it too with my nVidia card.
it only happens when checking "fullscreen" in OGL settings and does not by using GUI's fullscreen button.
Also, when I set any other fullscreen res in Dolphin than my monitor's res, well the fullscreen isn't fullscreen... it sets the resolution, but there's an offset, does it happen for you ?
Yes it does, this is a dolphin problem though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, no help yet eh?

Anyway I can tell you what the problem is as I had the same issues with my 4870. It's to do with your scaling options in the ATi control panel.

Also, if you are running Windows 7 make sure to download the latest ATi hotfix through the windows update panel, it will be under the optional updates area.
Hah, I guess it's not a common problem. Thanks for the info. What scaling options are you referring to?

·
Mr. Two-Jay
272 Posts
Is there a solution to this issue? I've tried 2785 and the problem still exists.
In your ATi CCC (Control Center) under the DTV (DVI) section the is an "Attributes" menu, Within there you should have 3 scaling options:

1) Centered timings.
2) keep aspect ratio.
3) Scale to full screen.

Try each of these options and see if it fixes the issue.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In your ATi CCC (Control Center) under the DTV (DVI) section the is an "Attributes" menu, Within there you should have 3 scaling options:

1) Centered timings.
2) keep aspect ratio.
3) Scale to full screen.

Try each of these options and see if it fixes the issue.
I tried and the problem is not fixed (as of rev2841).

I hope some Dolphin developer will see this thread and can give a reason as to why this is happening. I tried looking at the Google Dolphin issues and this problem is not even listed there.

·
Code it the hard way :P
1,267 Posts
Is XFB disabled btw?

·
Code it the hard way :P
1,267 Posts
Do you mean the 'Use Real XFB' option? Yes, it is disabled.
Hmm, its strange that it flickers, I know that the XFB flickers in some games. strange .......

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm, its strange that it flickers, I know that the XFB flickers in some games. strange .......
Exactly, strange. I actually remember someone else having this problem when I googled for possible solutions.

Here I found someone else with this problem:

Dolphin-emu - Discussion Forum: Screen shakes

Let me know if you can speculate on how to fix this. Is it possible for you to add this as an issue for Dolphin?

·
Registered
379 Posts
This will be fixed in an upcoming commit (read : in ~20mn :p)

As well as various other fullscreen related issues :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This will be fixed in an upcoming commit (read : in ~20mn :p)

As well as various other fullscreen related issues :)
You are the man sl1nk3! Once again, you have solved an issue I was having. I've waited so long for a fix and you provided it. The first fix was when you implemented rumble in nJoy.

Thanks very much! I look forward to seeing more of your excellent work on the Dolphin project :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Exactly, strange. I actually remember someone else having this problem when I googled for possible solutions.

Here I found someone else with this problem:

Dolphin-emu - Discussion Forum: Screen shakes

Let me know if you can speculate on how to fix this. Is it possible for you to add this as an issue for Dolphin?
[GERMAN]Und der Link soll wie Helfen wenn die Seite nicht mehr Vorhanden ist?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts