Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, It seems my saga of computer problems continues...
Randomly and quite frequently, the screen would just freeze, though I can move the mouse cursor around on the screen, nothing on the screen would respond to the clicks. Then if I right click on the tool bar or some other places, the screen would turn dark and then back again, and everything back to normal. Whatever commands I issued before the pause are still executed; i.e., if I close a window when the screen freezes, when it turns dark and then back again the window would be closed.
Video card is BFG 5600u
Monitor is a 2 months old Dell 1704FPV (but doesn't seem like a monitor problem)
Nvidia driver 66.93
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Have you tryed using different drivers?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Actually I made a different post in the software forum asking for the "most stable" driver for 5600u, but I haven't got an answer yet. And googling did not bear any fruits.
This is not intended to be a 'double post' for that question. I'd also like to take this chance to apologize for my string of posts about my various PC problems; I seriously dont know what's wrong with it, it seems like suddenly it just decided to stop working.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Try using something like the 56.72's, which you can get here. Also, try removing your current drivers with DriverCleaner 3.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, I'll give that a try, thank you.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
if you still have problems then give the 30.82 det's a try,if you still have problems then there's a definate problem that may be from the video card.

·
band
4,912 Posts
did the 30.82s even HAVE support for 5600s (FX series)???!?! these came even b4 my geforce Ti4200 (which i no longer have) iirc >.<

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hum, I'm experiencing the same problem with 56.72. I don't think it happens when I go without any drivers though, I'll go test and report back.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Aah yes, I used to have this problem with my old card, but in games.
Dude this is mostly a hardware problem.
your card is getting overheated, so it starts to make these signs.
Check the fan on your card if it's working properly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts