Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I'll tear your soul apart
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hope this is the right forum-section...i guess it's the most fitting one for my question.
well my ps2 (v10), 2 months old (not modded or anything) does some strange stuff to my original game dvds.
after some time the games seem to get 2 concentric circles on their readable surface. one very close to the center and one somewhat at the middle. it's hardly visible but theses "scratches" seem to get deeper and now i'm a bit worried that my ps2 will screw up my games some day. (dunno if it is THAT bad cuz the games work still perfectly) (you can see the circles very well when you breathe on the dvd so that it gets "foggy"... anyone understands my english? :rolleyes: )
for some kind of reason it does not "scratch" movie dvd's or backuped movie dvd's....maybe it's cuz they're not THAT often in the ps2 like games... (or they are thinner like games lol)
anyone else has experienced that kind of stuff here or knows an easy solution besides "send the ps2 to sony"? ;) (well i guess shaking the ps2 like mad wont work :laugh: )

mmh additional question: is it okay to leave games in the ps2 even if you don't play or could this do damage to the console / game? for some reason i'm trying to avoid to leave the games in there...hum

thx in advance :)

·
I'll tear your soul apart
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm got an email from sony today.
they say my laser is not 100% calibrated and this causes the scratches.
i must send the ps2 back to sony and in about 14 days they send another one back to me..
yay...i mean my ps2 is 2 months old....o_O
very good hardware in there huh? >_<
(bad luck anyone? :rolleyes: )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts