Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
I'm sexy and I know it!
4,935 Posts
I have never seen a real gun before.
Woot! o_O
My brother owns a Mp5, a Ag3, and my stepbrother owns a shotgun.

Now I've never actually gotten to shoot with the ag3 nor the mp5, since my brother got them from the army, and he's kinda nazi about them :p But shooting with a shotgun is super awesome!
Being able to fit 7-8 shells at once makes for a lot of fun, getting a plastic bottle to dance <(^.^)>

Edit: on topic though, it wouldn't suprise me if his parents tried to blame the media, video games, music or wtfever's the flavour of the month nowadays..

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I don't see the point. I think paint-balling is cool, guns in computer games are fine, even rifles for hunting are okay. But having lethal firearms in your house? I think it's a f**ked up obsession for the paranoid, juvenile and irresponsible. Sorry.

·
it'se miku!
3,609 Posts
Very sad about the people who had to die :(

Now the politicians have the next reasons to forbid violent videogames ....

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
Or better yet, just ban the damned guns.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
I wonder what was going through his mind when he did this?
Must KIIILL & after MUST RUUN thats about it i think.

Still its strange a good pupil (thats what it says in one of the articles to lazy to read them both) suddenly going berserk i would be more curios about what drove him in to doing this.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Good pupil = possibly really nerdy = possibly made fun of alot = can do werid things to a person, I suppose. Usually it's more of a suicidal thing (I know one too many people this has happened to >_<), but I guess homicidal happens too.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Or better yet, just ban the damned guns.
As a liberal I used to believe this vehemently. Not so much anymore though. The old axiom "guns don't kill people, people kill people" is completely true. If you eliminated every single gun on the planet tomorrow, people would still be finding ways of killing each other.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
As a liberal I used to believe this vehemently. Not so much anymore though. The old axiom "guns don't kill people, people kill people" is completely true. If you eliminated every single gun on the planet tomorrow, people would still be finding ways of killing each other.
Yeah, you've gotta point. You don't need guns to kill people. I'm of the philosophy that no matter how much you try to control people, you can never stop people from doing harm if they're really determined. It's all about understanding what drives people to behave this way in the first place.

But, saying that...guns are a hazard. It would help matters if they weren't easily accessible. Surely you agree that having loads of firearms around is dangerous. I think if someone went out on a rampage with a knife, they wouldn't do anywhere near as much damage.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,477 Posts
I fully agree with this. I think banning guns would have little impact on gun related crimes as most crimes are committed with illegally obtained weapons anyway.

If a magic wand could be waved that made all guns just disappear and convinced all gun manufacturers to stop manufacturing, people who are set on committing a weapons related crime will just fall back to something else like knives.

Yeah, but still, if it stops 20% of the murders, it was well worth it.
20% seems kinda high. I think it would help put a stop to these senseless school shootings since most of these kids get the guns from their parents' closets.

·
I'm sexy and I know it!
4,935 Posts
The old axiom "guns don't kill people, people kill people" is completely true.
You know, while this is completely true, there is a much more efficient way to stop people killing other people with guns.

Make all the bullets cost like a few thousand euros each.
I think it was Chris Rock that said it on a show some time ago.
"You just wait! I don't have the money for the bullet now, but once I save for a few years, I'll come back and cap your ass!" - or something like that.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Its harder to knife a person then it is to shoot them.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts