Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evil dead is very scary i watced it once at mid night and cant sleep do u know other?

·
lazy shmupper
897 Posts
Nah, Evil Dead is funny as Hell ! :D

I don't recall movies that really scared the crap out of me, there were, but I saw them when I was a kid and don't quite remember now.

Maybe just... The Thing, Freddy 1...

I might watch 'The Last House On The Left' (Wes Craven 1972) pretty soon.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Evil Dead's a good film, but Evil Dead 2 is better. Evil Dead 2 is basically a remake of the first film. I wouldn't call it very scary though.

Event Horizon (1997): That's pretty sick, but some people don't take well to sci-fi so it's not for everyone. It's about a ship in space which mysterious reappears after it went missing years earlier.
Apparently the director had to cut over 30 minutes of footage from the film because the cast and crew deemed it "too disturbing".
The Exorcist (1973): That's a sick film. Only watched it twice.
Have you noticed the subliminal imagery in it? Keep a close eye out if you wanna spot it! For example, you'll notice a really grotesque face popping up on the screen for a few frames from time to time. This one's easy to spot; But if you have the extended version then check out the scene before where the girl walks backwards on her arms and legs down the stairs. You'll notice when the mother is in the kitchen some gray patches of light flash on the screen for a single frame or so. If you look closely at them you'll see that they're watermarks of the same face. There's some other stuff here and there too.
The Descent (2005): For me this was more of a "make you jump" kinda film, but it went down well for most people. It does keep you on the edge. (It's about a group of girls who go caving. They get trapped inside and have to find a way out...)
Aliens (1986): If you're a fan of sci-fi and you've never seen it, you'll probably love this. These creatures are nasty! When it comes to monsters, I think "the Alien" is still contender for the most scary and deadly. (You should watch Alien first though; The first of the series.)
The guy who created the Alien design is an artist who suffered from severe depression I believe. Apparently the original design for the Alien ship discovered in the first film was supposed to be some kind of cathedral. (According to one of my friends.)
The Shining (1980): The atmosphere created in the film is great. This is one of my favorites. All the actors do a great job, especially Jack Nicholson.
The Hitcher (1986): If you like the more realistic horror film, check this one out. But if you do, make sure it's the original 1986 version because (no offense to anyone who liked it, but) the Sean Bean version is BALLS in comparison. In my opinion this was one film which definitely didn't need a remake.
The Thing (1982): For an old sci-fi horror film, this one (along with the special effects) has stood the test of time. Full of suspense much like The Shining, this one's bound to keep you interested.
The Mist (2007): It's about a mysterious deadly mist...and I'll leave it at that.
Not a feel good film!
The Omen (1976): I haven't seen the remake so I couldn't say which is better, but this is often regarded as one of the scariest films ever along with others on the list.
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974): Looking for something seriously f**ked up? This one's for you! (I thought the remake was pretty good.)

On par with the Evil Dead scary factor...

I Am Legend (2007): Probably not as scary as some of the others on the list. Some people love it, some people hate it. Personally I think it was awesome, so if you're looking for something modern and entertaining, check this one out.

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am asian and i think the grudge the ring etc are stupid not scary at all the true scare are western movie

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wha make exorcist so scary please explain i will dig the video shop for this movie

·
I'm sexy and I know it!
4,935 Posts
capo_2k said:
I Am Legend (2007): Probably not as scary as some of the others on the list. Some people love it, some people hate it. Personally I think it was awesome, so if you're looking for something modern and entertaining, check this one out.
How on earth is this a scary movie? oO

I've watched it plenty of times, and it's nowhere near scary, or creepy.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Well I wouldn't want one of those things chasing me. Anyway, I did point out that's it's probably not as scary as the others. Personally I don't find it very scary but I thought it was really good.
Although, remember the bit where he hurts his leg and he's crawling away from that trap just before the sunsets? That kept me on the edge on my seat.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
Twilight (2008)

A very disturbing movie about a castrated effeminate vampire man-boy.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Sin City Unrated, I couldn't watch the whole movie, Aliens vs Predators 2, a bit graphic in some areas, there was a Christmas movie with a kid who was traumatized by a nun, a became a murdering santa, I can't remember the name? Silent Night Deadly Night? I dunno.

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Orphan (2009): It wasn't so much as scary, but just plain disturbing. And I thought that no movie could ever get to me. I mean really, it's amazing what they expose kids to these days (in the US, kids aren't mature enough to hear/see some things at the age of 9-12). I understand that sex and intimacy is a natural part of life, but who let's their daughter say stuff like, "I'll cut your hairless little prick off before you even know what it's for!" oO

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.