Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah I recently updated my OS from Win98 to Win ME and most of the programs are okay so far. Anyways I just got this new scanner and it uses a USB connection port. However when I plug it in it doesn't detect the scanner at all. And when I checked my systems I also noticed that there was no USB port on my computer at all. Well what should I do? Reinstall my OS?? Thanks for your help and time. ^-^

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
6,550 Posts
> And what do you mean by there is no USB port

probably means the usb root hub is not being detected by the O/S.. Check to see if an IRQ is assigned to your USB Root Hub, you can take a look at this in the bios.

Also, try to see if your scanner needs native winME drivers that you can probably get from the manufacturers website.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'm sure that my scanner doesn't need a WinMe driver from the manufacturers because my Mom has the same scanner and the same OS. And what happens if there is a IRO assigned to my USN root hub?

Originally posted by Xeven
> And what do you mean by there is no USB port

probably means the usb root hub is not being detected by the O/S.. Check to see if an IRQ is assigned to your USB Root Hub, you can take a look at this in the bios.

Also, try to see if your scanner needs native winME drivers that you can probably get from the manufacturers website.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.