Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Saw," one of the highest profile games left orphaned when Brash Entertainment went out of business, has been picked up by Konami.

Sources close to the project have confirmed that Konami has made a deal with Lionsgate, to whom the rights reverted when Brash breached its contract, and developer Zombie Studios. The game will come out this fall along with the sixth "Saw" film (I almost wrote "Saw VI," but that series is getting so long in the tooth I'm wondering if they'll take a cue from the seventh "Star Trek" movie and just drop the numbers).

Konami is an obvious choice to pick up "Saw," since it has experience selling horror with a franchise called "Silent Hill." But the game almost took a very intriguing twist: no publisher at all.

N4G.com : Saw video game picked up by Konami

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For PC ?!?! Where did you see it ?? Wow.. If that's true, it's really nice ! And Konami knows how to do creppy games :D

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
For PC ?!?! Where did you see it ?? Wow.. If that's true, it's really nice ! And Konami knows how to do creppy games
if you follow your own link and read the full story :p gonna be a ps3, 360, and pc game. Wii and ds was left out as of yet.

·
Miserable Bugger
1,090 Posts
I dislike the Saw movies, they are just softcore snuff movies.

I don't see what on earth a game based on the films is going to be like. Probably "see how badly you can mutilate people."

Still at least it should give some nutters an excuse when they go on a killing spree.

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts

I don't see what on earth a game based on the films is going to be like. Probably "see how badly you can mutilate people."

Still at least it should give some nutters an excuse when they go on a killing spree.
:lol: watch this be on that florida ladies next top bad videogame list.
and i bet jack thompson woulda had a field day with this:p

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
the movies suck, what the **** do they think a game will do.

SUCK WORSE.

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Coming from Konami I have my doubts. They have the gift for creeping games. Maybe they will make people forget about the movie.

·
I Am Merely A Pawn...
826 Posts
not really, they are just a lame excuse for gratuitous violence. but tokyo gore police is worse in the gratuitous violence respect.

as for the SAW game itself, i can see it as one of three things:
1. you as the victim, going through the same stuff as the films
2. your the detective who has to find clues in time before the person dies
3. you are jigsaw but in both a Dungeon Keeper style viewpoint, watching as the victims suffer and a Manhunt style viewpoint, where your tasked to go out and spy on/kidnap the victim/s. the kidnap would follow into the torture management area of things. of course the spying/kidnapping could also be done by henchmen possibly, leaving you to manage whoever you have in the torture house at the time and set traps/torture devices for when the victim comes.

·
Menthol Flavored
3,925 Posts
This seems like it may be cool. I personally liked the first film for its concept. The movies started gradually getting worse through each sequel, and weren't as graphic as they advertised to be. Though the last one was pretty crazy in terms of violence. I still go and see each sequel because I am a whore for gore and I like horror games/movies.

A game based on the movies might be interesting, but it's hard to imagine that a game with the "Saw" title will get very far especially considering how violent games have been getting a lot of heat since people started blaming video games for their actions.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
if konami base it on the first (good atmoshere, and less pointless gore) or the third (you wouldnt have to rely on ai like you would have to in the fourth or second to keep it true to the film), then i might see it turning out good, but the rest of the films, were all just laughable excuses for gore, with poor storyline.

yeh but it will get hounded for being to gory either way, and more than probably be baned in some countries (Australia ect)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts