Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is explained on the faqs, but I still can't get it.
How do I save the state of a game? Where it is saved? How long is the archive?
What is the difference with the memcards? How do I create a new memcard? Why Gran Turismo 1 doesn't recognize the memcards?

Thanks a lot. (This is my first post)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Ok, your saved states are stored in the sstates folder within ePSXe's main folder (typical size of a saved state is roughly 1Mb-2Mb). You need to press F1 to saved your state, F2 to cycle through your states (tou have a maximum of 5), and F3 to load your selected saved state. The saved state also includes the memory card file and it is compressed. Maybe you need to press F4 to get Gran Turismo to recognize your memory card. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
¿?

What is the name of the savestate file?
May change the name of the file?
May I edit the file?

Thanks.-

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
The name of the save state file is related to the product code of the PSX game you are playing eg. it will be called SLES_023.97.000 (000 for the slot 1 save, 001 for the slot 2 save etc), and you will also get a picture file with a similar name (SLES_023.97.000.pic for slot 1 save, SLES_023.97.001.pic for slot 2 save etc.). You should not need to change the name of the file - unless you are playing a multi-disc game (maybe this was fixed in version 1.4.0??). I dont think there is a way to edit the file easily, because it is also compressed, although there is a tool which extracts the memory card file (the saved state also includes the state of the graphics and sound, and PSX registers and memory etc. from when the snapshot was taken IIRC) from the saved state, which I think you can get from www.aldostools.com. (I just had a look and couldn't find that tool, maybe somebody else could post it here?) You may need to press F4 if you get problems with accessing memory cards, I dont know if this problem also occurs with saved states. Hope this has been some help.

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
Well I don't really know what you'd do with the savestate file if u were able to edit it, but its in zip format you can uncompress the savestates if you want. You could also cheat by using a hexeditor on the unzipped file, or retrieve the memory card from it, but other than that i don't know if it has any other use except for its intented purpose.:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Something is wrong

Hey guys...
I tried using F1,F2 and F3. But nothing happens... there's no saved state file...!!!
DO I have to make a folder called Savestates under the EPSXE folder???:rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts