Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so here's the main points of why this is confusing me:

When playing Final Fantasy 8, I make a save, but whenever I decide to load the game up again, the save never shows up and says that there is no saved game data.

At one point I accidently used a save-state while in Dollet town in the SeeD test, would this mean that my emulator will no longer save my final fantasy 8 games to the memcards?

ps. Using 1.5.2 due to FMV problems with Final Fantasy 9, but will be switching back to 1.7.0 soon as i've gotten past the airship FMV.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
you are not exiting out of the emulator correctly, you need to press the esc key to return to the GUI and from there do file>exit. any other method can compromise your memory card and/or save state data.

edit- im not really sure what you ment about the save state part in the end of your post though. whatever data that was on the memory card at the time of making the save state will be what you will see when you load that state at a later point since it is basically a snapshot of the emulators state data as a whole, memory card data is included.

and just so you know, FF9 works fine on 1.7.0, the crash you mentioned only occurs on 1.6.0. the only problem you might run into will happen at the disc-swap prompts if you are playing the game from images, just switch to another version and get past it or play directly from the disc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts