Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting for my girlfriend, I personally have no problems.

Her and I are trying to have a race to see who can beat Final Fantasy 6 the fastest (awesome gf huh) however she keeps geting save errors. According to her she can save in game just fine, save using VisualBoy itself(ctrl+s), and save the state. However all of her files will randomly be deleted, both the .SAV files and the in game files. I told her this is impossible that files don't just up and disappear, but she assures me she has scanned her computer and they're no where to be found.

I've tried sending her my files which I have no problem with and they won't even open for her. I've tried giving her versions 1.7.2 and 1.8 w/e the most recent was.

Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Processor: Mobile AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3500+, ~1.8GHz
Memory: 894MB RAM
Hard Drive: 109 GB
Video Card: ATI Radeon Xpress 1150
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Sound Card: Speakers / Headphones (SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC)
Speakers/Headphones:
Keyboard: Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad
Mouse: Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad
Mouse Surface:
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Basic (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.090302-1506)

That's her system specs.

According to her the game runs better with the more recent version of VisualBoy and doesn't freeze. She had issuses with freezing if she had done anything with 1.7.2.

I just instructed her to change her saves from Flash 64k to Flash 128k and also to change her rendering method to GDI to see if it would run smoother for her.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advanced.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
don't install/run the emulator in program files, the save files are missing because the emulator is mapping them to a virtual temp folder.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
Which VBA version is she using exactly?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1.8.2 I believe.

According to her she was using an earlier version of VBA and it was only running at 50%. She had gotten to the end of the game like that three times and her data was deleted each time (in-game saves). I'm wondering if it could have something to do with her not having Administrative power. I'll have her try right clicking and selecting Run As Administrator.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
there is no 1.8.2..... but she should make sure the directory paths are assigned so she doesn't lose stuff.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1.8.0a*

I'm not quite sure what you mean by your last post. I'm running 1.7.2 and I haven't tampered with it at all and it's been working perfectly for a long time now. If by saving directory paths you mean when she clicks load have it search a specific folder yes, she has that done.

In the past where her data was deleted she had left her laptop on over night. Recently she has kept leaving it on and hasn't encountered any issues with losing save data both in-game and via VisualBoy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.