Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I'm having a problem with loading a savestate ong FF9.
About 3 years ago, I was playing FF9 on ePSXE and stopped due to exams.
Since then, I have never played it again, but decided to start again.

In the 3 years passing, I got a new computer and made sure to transfer all of my old files onto it. When I load FF9 CD3 (which is where i stopped playing) and go into the Load save sequence, it shows a very early disc 1 save and that's it.
Even though I got up to CD3, it shows a CD1 save.

Since I stopped playing 3 years ago I can't remember whether I couldn't be bothered saving after using the "convenient" savestate option or whether the save file is corrupted or something.

So I tried to load a savestate using F3 but nothing happned so I tried F2, and it shows free slots on all 5 of them. I checked sstates folder and it's full of files ending with the extension, .000 or .001

Is there any other way to load a savestate or something because it would be lame getting up to CD3 and losing all your save data.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
run epsxe as admin via the right click menu.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
right click the application, or shortcut and click run as admin.
its required on Vista when the app is installed in program files.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually, I tried on all the versions I have. I didn't update but I did have many versions.
Still the same problem. Maybe I lost the savestate or it's been corrupted?
Is there any way to find out? Like a program to test the savestates I currently have?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
states are compatible across versions..... i beta tested that fairly extensively to ensure it.

the only issues might come in the form of distorted sound but the game can be loaded and new states made.

·
Registered
17 Posts
open epsxe, go to config, then memorycards. Make sure epsxe is looking in the right place for your memory card, even if it looks like it's connected to a memory card it may not be. the memory card should be in your memory card folder when you're browsing around for it.

as for a program to see if the data still exists, try "memcardrex"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.