Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello dear Board!

I have a little problem using some memorycard(dexdrives) files downloaded from gamefaqs.com. i searched the forums and found out that they should be compatible however they didnt work.

After 15 minutes of mindless "create a new memcard and copy the savestates to the new one" experimention stuff, i discovered, those savestates are editable!

So i replaced the GameID's(which were SLES-01304) from the downloaded memcards savestates which matched then my ISO GameID (which is SLES-01320). The region option already matched. And it still doesnt work. I hope you guys here can help me out.

The game which the hard work is for, is Breath of Fire 3. i have started it many times, got far most of the times but didnt finish it and than the memstate got lost.
(i want to use the one where you are nearly about to speak to teepo again)

thx!

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
Okay, when you modify any part of the memcard dump, you need to update the xor byte of that segment of the memcard (read the docs). Otherwise the psx will basically treat it as 'corrupted'. Try using PSXgameedit, to modify the SLXX code for the game. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I have a similar problem. I do use PSXGameEdit and tried to convert a US game save for Star Ocean 2nd Story to EU. However, the game said the new save game was damaged and couldn't be read.

I did wahtever the faq said, but still no success. could it be because there are different eu-pal versions of that game? mine is the german version (written in-game text in german). and if that's the fact, how do I convert a us-ntsc game save to german eu-pal?

I'm using PSXGameEdit 1.60 and ePSXe as well as the MemManager for PSX emulator.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.