Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I (being the n00b I am) have just realized you need saved states to go in game in order to use pcsx2. (Is that for all games or just "Ingames"?)

1. When I get a saved state, where do I put it - which folder? What kind of files are they?

2. Where can I get a saved state (if you have like a specific location of a site that would be nice ^^)

3. Is there a way to get saved states from my Playstation 2 into my computer? If so, how?

If you answer these n00bish questions, it'd help me out a lot!

Thanks in Advance ^^

· Registered
218 Posts
firstoff not very "in-game" requires a savegame, but if the game doesn't allow you to start a new game then you do need one

1. when you get a savegame it should be *.ps2 where * is either mcd001 or mcd002. just rename it accordingly to which mem card you want. you should preset the memcard directory for easier manipulation.

2. save states I am not sure but you can make one yourself if you remember the hotkeys so that you don't have to exit the emulator.

3. ask someone else about that. I am not sure.

· PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.