Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I am using No$GBA 2.6.

It emulates perfectly, but I'm having problems with saving. I've tried saving it on Flash512K and the other ones, but it only saves successfully the FIRST time I try. Afterwards, everytime I try to save, an ingame message tells me it's failed. It doesn't really matter at what point of the game my first save is, but it doesn't work anymore after. :/ I recall that I might have had similar problems with other games.

I've tried redownloading, but I keep having the same problem each time.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks.

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,598 Posts
I've tried redownloading, but I keep having the same problem each time.
I'll just assume you are talking about redownloading the emu that's currently available on the no$gba homepage and that you read the forum's rules stating that we don't support piracy.

As for your question, you should post which game you are having trouble with. We aren't physic, so we have no clue what game you are talking about. Also, when you change the save type, you have to make sure to save the setting and restart the emu (close and run the emu again) so that the next time you run the emu, you won't corrupt your save file and you'll be able to save properly.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,100 Posts
Please note that the correct savetype has to be set every time the game is run, whether to save or to load.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, it's that game. It might be the game's fault, I don't know (the saving style in it is kind of weird... the game prompts you to save)... Pokemon Platinum works fine.

Please note that the correct savetype has to be set every time the game is run, whether to save or to load.
What do you mean? I check whenever I start up no$, and it's always on Flash512k. I also tried all the other ones. I'm pretty sure it's that one. My friend uses that one with the same game, and it works fine. .__.

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,598 Posts
You don't exactly need to set the correct save type every time you run the game. What Smilley meant is that the correct save type must be on before you load the game. And as I said above, you have to set the correct save type; otherwise, you will most likely not be able to save your game and/or corrupt your save file.

Anyways, try deleting the ini file in your no$gba folder, and set the save type again. Remember to save the setting and either reload the game or restart the emu (close and run the emu again).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.