Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What I have:
roms:
1. Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)(Japan)
[strike]2. Castlevania: Aria Of Sorrow (GBA)(Japan)[/strike]

Emulators:
1. No$gba 2.6a
2. Desmume 0.9.2

Setting:
No$gba-------------SAV/SNA File Format == Raw)
Both Emulators-----Save type: EEprom 64k (correct)

What I did:
1. Open Desmume
[strike]2. In the Gba slot, insert the "Castlevania: Aria Of Sorrow (GBA)
"[/strike]
3. open rom Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow (NDS), [strike]get the game item Rare Ring, [/strike]saved at the village.
4. copy the .sav from Desmume to No$gba directory.

[strike]Why I did so:
Have the GBA game Castlevania: Aria Of Sorrow in the cartridge slot and start a new game to have the Rare Ring in your inventory.[/strike]

Result:
the game report----the battery file is corrupted.

What I tried:
Converted the Desmume .sav to the No$gba raw save with tool and failed.
I also replaced No$gba with Ideas, but failed.
the funny thing is when I try to use a no$Gba save file with Desmume, the game said the battery file is corrupted! How strange! It was ok when I play Metroid Prime Hunters using the same save file between both emulators!
[strike]I also tried without inserting "Castlevania: Aria Of Sorrow " to Desmume's GBA slot and get the same failure.[/strike]

What I want:
Some really nice guy/girl/little bird tell me how to get it work!
or , any save file (except Desmume's) of the game(version of any country, USA, JP, ERo):At the first save with Rare Ring and minimal enemies killed.

What I offer:
The first save of the game with Rare Ring! You can only use it with Desmume Though.
The save can be used in USA or Japan Version of the game. I wander anyone try the converting for me。

What am I now?
Desperate! >.<

·
No$gba Philosopher
553 Posts
*I misread*

[strike]Did you try using the tool to convert the save file to another type of raw format? If so, or you are confused why do a raw to raw conversion, then convert your raw save file to Supercard One, then use Ideas.

That's all I know so far with No$gba-Ideas switch a roo.

If others can give a DeSmumE-no$gba switching save files, please post.[/strike]

*again misread*

Do you need the GBA slot? If so, I can't help you.

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,598 Posts
No$gba-------------SAV/SNA File Format == Raw)
You don't need to change this setting to Raw as it doesn't affect loading any save file.

Both Emulators-----Save type: EEprom 64k (correct)
Since you are using no$gba 2.6a, you should change the save type back as auto.

If you are transferring your save from Desmume, then you don't need to convert the save for no$gba. You just have to move the save file to your no$gba's Battery folder, and that the save file name must match your game name.

Try renaming your both file name (your game and your save file) without any special characters.

Edit:
After looking up the save type for Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow, I see that you have set the wrong save type in no$gba. It should be Eeprom 8Kb, but as I said above, you should change the save type back to auto.

Note: When transferring save from no$gba to Desmume, you will need to convert the save.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
*I misread*

[strike]Did you try using the tool to convert the save file to another type of raw format? If so, or you are confused why do a raw to raw conversion, then convert your raw save file to Supercard One, then use Ideas.

That's all I know so far with No$gba-Ideas switch a roo.

If others can give a DeSmumE-no$gba switching save files, please post.[/strike]

*again misread*

Do you need the GBA slot? If so, I can't help you.
Well, I just repeat the process without using the GBA slot, and failed. So, it has nothing to do with the GBA slot feature of Desmume.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,100 Posts
Swapping savegames between emulators is always a tricky business.
Best use this page to convert your saves. Best I know, each emulator other than No$ uses RAW compression.
And Dawn of Sorrow in fact uses the EEPROM 64kbit savetype, which converts to EEPROM 8kByte in No$.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
To imlost and Smilley,

Thank you for the tips, and I tried as you suggested. After so much learning on NDS emulators, I know what you said should be right. I was doing fine with other games. I guess this game is a weird one, maybe possessed by Dracula.:lol:

The good news is I can wait for this problem to be solved while playing Ninja_Gaiden_Dragon_Sword with No$gba 2.6a. Yes, Ninja_Gaiden doesn't fully playable with No$gba 2.6a. The fix for this is out, and I hope I am not the last to know. a few days ago, I found the latest(Apr. 17)version of NGZoom provide this fix by pressing F4 and tick first CHECK. I guess I am gonna get a sore hand by playing Ninja Gaiden on a PC.:lol:

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
You only need to use a converter if you go from NoGBA to Desmume, and not the other way around. (Nocash gets the EEProm 512k/64K saves wrong.)

·
No$gba Philosopher
553 Posts
About the No$gba to Desmume, what save format should I convert it to? Supercard One?

If possible, what about No$gba and Ideas?

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,100 Posts
As said, other emulators use the RAW format, that is Acekard RPG / EZFLASH V / RAW format.

·
Registered
110 Posts
did you ever get this to work? I tried moving save file from desmume to no$ but had no luck.

Desmume saves are in the game folder, and I moved that .sav file to the battery file, but no$ doesnt see the save. IE: ff4 just has new game option.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.